Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After reading the sticky thread and some of the comments. I can not help but think

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I had a sandwich in San Diego that can in brown bread with a big white swirl in it - or possibly the other way around. Anyway, it was a good sandwich. Lots of pastrami and cheese and pickles and such. Drank it with London Pride, which you can get relatively easily out there.
    The best mashed potato I've ever eaten was on a BA long haul flight. In economy, as well.

I still dream about that mashed potato.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The best mashed potato I've ever eaten was on a BA long haul flight. In economy, as well.

I still dream about that mashed potato.
    Mind you, one of the worst things I've ever been served was on a BA flight to Gothenburg. It was a cooked breakfast consisting of a catering sausage, a piece of pallid, fatty bacon, an amorphous lump of egg thing and a tinned tomato - all in the same compartment and infecting each other. Still ate it, mind.

Mind you, one of the worst things I've ever been served was on a BA flight to Gothenburg. It was a cooked breakfast consisting of a catering sausage, a piece of pallid, fatty bacon, an amorphous lump of egg thing and a tinned tomato - all in the same compartment and infecting each other. Still ate it, mind.
    I usually quite like the airline breakfast sausage thing, but they can indeed be horrendous.

Apparently Singapore Airlines, Emirates and Lufthansa's First Class catering is pretty remarkable. The on-board chefs are available throughout the flight so you order when you want to eat... Singapore's lobster thermidor is considered as good as anything available on the ground.

I usually quite like the airline breakfast sausage thing, but they can indeed be horrendous.

Apparently Singapore Airlines, Emirates and Lufthansa's First Class catering is pretty remarkable. The on-board chefs are available throughout the flight so you order when you want to eat... Singapore's lobster thermidor is considered as good as anything available on the ground.
    Where do they keep the galley for this chap to do his business?

Where do they keep the galley for this chap to do his business?
    Depends on the aircraft. A number have a downstairs - an area of the hold accessible from the passenger deck.

Depends on the aircraft. A number have a downstairs - an area of the hold accessible from the passenger deck.
    I see. Fire on an aeroplane would seem risky.

Btw, do I not get any points for saying 'galley' and not 'kitchen'?

I see. Fire on an aeroplane would seem risky.

Btw, do I not get any points for saying 'galley' and not 'kitchen'?
    Perhaps they have those induction jobbies?

I did notice, but thought I'd allow you style it out with some panache by not mentioning it. I am impressed, naturally.

The sausage is a bit like the stuff in McDonalds breakfast?
    wish I could find that type of sausage here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    The sausage is a bit like the stuff in McDonalds breakfast?
    wish I could find that type of sausage here.
    I make my own sometimes when I have muffins and feel the urge for a homemade McMuffin. It's basically pork mince, salt, dried sage and pepper. Easy-peasy.

I make my own sometimes when I have muffins and feel the urge for a homemade McMuffin. It's basically pork mince, salt, dried sage and pepper. Easy-peasy.
    I have the flat to myself from next week for a couple of weeks so I will experiment in the kitchen.

Confession time. Last time she was away I bought a load of plastic plates to save on the washing up