Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Polish guy

Polish guy

Didn’t look that great for their goal.

Cowering with his hands up by his head like a grenade had gone off.

Happy to give him a pass on his first game but maybe a little more fight next time?

It’s just corner mate…not some foxhole in Donetsk.

Needlessly ran Martineli and Saka into the ground there. Both looked knackered from the 60th minute. Neither was having much of an impact so I've no idea why he played them for the full 90 with the big game coming up for the weekend.

The Zinchenko tactic of playing a defender in a free role seems to be getting found out badly the last few weeks. We're giving away more chances than we're creating with that. Was a good tactical sub bringing Tomi on to close that down.

And Ben White too. At the end he looked like a sunday league player playing after 20 pints the night before. Looked on the verge of dropping dead of a heart attack. I'm convinced these running players into the ground craic in the UEFA cup espically played a big part in Jesus's injury.
    Last edited by Arsenal Alcoholic Review; 03-09-2023 at 07:59 PM.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM

Polish guy is a work in progress…where was Holding? Harsh on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    Needlessly ran Martineli and Saka into the ground there. Both looked knackered from the 60th minute. Neither was having much of an impact so I've no idea why he played them for the full 90 with the big game coming up for the weekend.

The Zinchenko tactic of playing a defender in a free role seems to be getting found out badly the last few weeks. We're giving away more chances than we're creating with that. Was a good tactical sub bringing Tomi on to close that down.

And Ben White too. At the end he looked like a sunday league player playing after 20 pints the night before. Looked on the verge of dropping dead of a heart attack. I'm convinced these running players into the ground craic in the UEFA cup espically played a big part in Jesus's injury.
    I bet that pitch was dry as a bone, so many passes were short of the intended recipient

Yeah, they look absolutely shattered here against Fulham

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Yeah, they look absolutely shattered here against Fulham
    The team’s in very good shape now for the next UEFA cup game. Arteta playing mind games saying Trossard and Jesus were out today, clever. All our front 3 replaced after 70 mins. I don’t mind if they start the next cup game now. Possibly start Jorginho ahead of Partey with us probably needing to manage Partey’s game time due to his injury record. A great ace to have on the bench though.

Speaking of benches. Today might be the strongest bench I’ve ever seen us field. And that includes the invincible era. It says something that ESR couldn’t get any minutes despite that game won and 5 subs used. That’s the strength we have now. We should be able to give Jesus 30 mins in the next game. We’ll need him at his best for the Newcastle, Chelsea, Liverpool and City games coming up. Plenty of time to get him match fit and sharp. It’s looking good.

The team’s in very good shape now for the next UEFA cup game. Arteta playing mind games saying Trossard and Jesus were out today, clever. All our front 3 replaced after 70 mins. I don’t mind if they start the next cup game now. Possibly start Jorginho ahead of Partey with us probably needing to manage Partey’s game time due to his injury record. A great ace to have on the bench though.

Speaking of benches. Today might be the strongest bench I’ve ever seen us field. And that includes the invincible era. It says something that ESR couldn’t get any minutes despite that game won and 5 subs used. That’s the strength we have now. We should be able to give Jesus 30 mins in the next game. We’ll need him at his best for the Newcastle, Chelsea, Liverpool and City games coming up. Plenty of time to get him match fit and sharp. It’s looking good.
    It's hard to imagine who we could buy that would significantly upgrade the team without compromising the development of a very talented player like ESR or Vieira (who has looked much better the last two games).

Partey is 29 and injury prone and Jorginho is 30(?) so Rice would make a lot of sense. Maybe a RB, maybe a wide player but in each case they would have to be young enough to not expect first 11 football immediately.

Really unbelievable how quickly Edu/Arteta have built this team. I expect Barca have noticed.

It's hard to imagine who we could buy that would significantly upgrade the team without compromising the development of a very talented player like ESR or Vieira (who has looked much better the last two games).

Partey is 29 and injury prone and Jorginho is 30(?) so Rice would make a lot of sense. Maybe a RB, maybe a wide player but in each case they would have to be young enough to not expect first 11 football immediately.

Really unbelievable how quickly Edu/Arteta have built this team. I expect Barca have noticed.
    Agreed. RB definitely

Maybe an LB too, if the rumours of Tierney to Newcastle have any merit. The only issue I see with Rice is the price tag. Not sure I can see us breaking 100m to sign him ?

Unless we sell I see no reason to actually buy anybody. I don't see where Rice fits in when we have Partey, Jorginho, Elneny and a few wonder kids that need game time in that position. Far more improtant for me is tying down Saliba and Saka to new contracts. Both are at least the best young players for their positions. I'd say they're a hell of a lot better than that. As far as I'm concerned only Vinicious Jr is close to Saka in World football on the flank. Both these players have at least 10 years at the top to play yet while still improving. That's scary potential. They simply must be signed long term at all costs.

Unfortunately Tierney could leave who would need replaced. Far too good not to be starting. Although I feel the Polish chap was already signed to cover that position in advance of Tierney leaving.

You have to feel a bit for young Eddie. Did a good job covering with Jesus out but now will struggle to make the bench. Trossard down the middle has completely unlocked Martineli. So him and Jesus are now first and second choice down the middle the way i see it. Martineli and Eddie in the same team was good but not at this current level. Too similar. Both are at their best attacking space. They're not really there to link it up. With Balogun putting down a serious marker in France, matching Mbappe stride for stride no less that's going to put real pressure on Eddie next season. One will have to leave you'd think. Ideally you'd get Balogun signed to a longer contract and then loaned to a prem team and see what he can do. You'd easily get £5m for a loan fee next year too. Balogun looks more versatile too. Would be a good dribbler on the flanks. A big risk selling him on when he could well explode into another World level talent. He's shown a glimpse of it already.
    Feck Cultural Marxist BLM