Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
www.premierleague.com/match/66352

Those chances come from corners?

Winning 9 corners whilst only having 6 shots suggests there were a fair few crosses.

Agreed, we need to mix it up. I also accept that Chelsea are 2 or 3 levels better than us at the moment, but we found it so difficult to play through midfield whilst they just cut through ours in the first half. They didn't even start Kante.

It is the predictability and slowness of our play that really stinks the place out imo.
I have to admit that I am starting to have real doubts about the helmet haired one.

But we also need to be realistic. We had 9 players out, no strikers and have invested mostly in younger players recently as that is the strategy. And we were playing the CL champions and a team built on the back of Roman's billions. And there were long periods of play where we controlled the ball well and got into good positions.

I'm betting that if the entire game was played exactly as it occurred but Holding stuck that header away and Saka hadn't screwed up the 3v2 we wouldn't be talking about how boring or deliberate or predictable or sh1t our play was.