Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Did anyone else play 8-bit computer games in the '80s? I've just downloaded a C64

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

No Ganpz. I was a Clock end tearaway. Too busy fighting, fúcking and drinking for any

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    emulator.

I hadn't played any computer games since the late '80s, but the other day I turned my iPhone into a gamepad controller and downloaded a racing game called Asphalt. Finding the phone control tricky, I got a joystick yesterday.
    of that.

. . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    of that.

. . . . .
    Middle class girlies like me could only live your life virtually, Herbs. In the safety of my bedroom, I played Microprose International Soccer, Codemasters' Multi-player Football Manager and Gremlin Graphics' Casual Hoolies.

The last game was great. You chose your team and then rucked with the opponents a bit like street fighter. As you progressed, you got extra clobber and bonus weapons like beer bottles, but the end of level baddie was a black maria full of fuzz. It was the first C64 game to have a speech sample just from the computer's sound chip. If you pressed the space bar, the music stopped and it said "Where's your fücking tool." It was ace.