Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I feel I ought to mark Brexit Day with a nice dinner.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    To truly reflect the day, I suggest that you take some meat and boil it until it's grey. Take bread and make a pap, with milk. Eat this with some nice ale, a pint of Tepid Dishwater should do you nicely.
    Roast beef would make sense, but it would be wrong on a Friday. What are you making tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Roast beef would make sense, but it would be wrong on a Friday. What are you making tonight?
    Today we will have a special treat as it's Friday.

For each diner:

Lean eye of sirloin steak, 150 g - 275 calories
    Brocolli, steamed, 6 florets - 30 calories
    Lettuce, little gem, one - 30 calories
    Vinaigrette, 1/2 tablespoon - 60 calories

Red wine, 750 ml - 616 calories

Meal total: 1016 calories.

Today we will have a special treat as it's Friday.

For each diner:

Lean eye of sirloin steak, 150 g - 275 calories
    Brocolli, steamed, 6 florets - 30 calories
    Lettuce, little gem, one - 30 calories
    Vinaigrette, 1/2 tablespoon - 60 calories

Red wine, 750 ml - 616 calories

Meal total: 1016 calories.

Oh, dear. I forgot you'd turned protestant.

Oh, dear. I forgot you'd turned protestant.
    I'm almost there, actually. I've taken off 7lbs in about 10 days.

I'm staying on it until next Friday, when I will eat breakfast at the A1 Truckstop at Colserworth (the so-called 'Belly Buster') followed by fish and chips for lunch at The Old Keswickian.

I'm staying on it until next Friday, when I will eat breakfast at the A1 Truckstop at Colserworth (the so-called 'Belly Buster') followed by fish and chips for lunch at The Old Keswickian.
    This belly buster. Beans? Chips? Bubble?

This belly buster. Beans? Chips? Bubble?
    D'you know, I'm not entirely sure. I just remember seeing it on the menu and promising myself that next time...

D'you know, I'm not entirely sure. I just remember seeing it on the menu and promising myself that next time...
    Chips and beans with a fry-up is an absolute disgrace and really filthy, but very nice. I like to break up an egg yolk in the beans, squirt in some ketchup and then just cover the chips in it.

that is a great greasy spoon, sc. Though that roundabout outside is a leeeetel beeet Russian Roulette as no-one ever seems to indicate whether they are turning into the services or going straight on. Cnuts.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    that is a great greasy spoon, sc. Though that roundabout outside is a leeeetel beeet Russian Roulette as no-one ever seems to indicate whether they are turning into the services or going straight on. Cnuts.
    I went there a few months ago. It was the glw's first experience of such an establishment.

She eyed the clientele nervously and at one point asked me plaintively, "Are we actually allowed to be in here?" Like there was some sort of working class test which we would fail.

I went there a few months ago. It was the glw's first experience of such an establishment.

She eyed the clientele nervously and at one point asked me plaintively, "Are we actually allowed to be in here?" Like there was some sort of working class test which we would fail.
    It must be nice for the lorry drivers to meet a woman they don't then go on to murder.