Looks a good player and all on youtube against Ukrainian and Scottish teams but it seems a lot of money for a rotation player. I'm not sure where Arteta expects to fit ESR in. To me his best position for us so far has been rotating on the left wing with Martineli. Comfotably out scoring the Brazilian in doing so too I might add. Perhaps they know more about ESR's long term fitness than we do.

Could be another case of a supposed super talent showing up who's gettable and the scouts just want him signed at all costs before our rivals swoop in. We've been here before when a certain Pepe was signed. I always feel bad for Emery. He never wanted to go near Pepe. Had a deal with Zaha already set up and just needed to be rubber stamped from above but of course was over ruled and the rest is history. Zaha has been one of the leagues best players while Pepe has been, well Pepe. I think there's more to his loaning out than meets the eye. I'm guessing Lille were about to get some massive installments of his transfer based on hitting certain games/goals for Arsenal and Edu and the boys thought fcuk that. We can save 10 million here and get him off the wages. We're certainly not protecting his value anyway loaning him out where he'll be in the last year of his contract come the summer. Still, Pepe should be the bench mark of how Mudryk is valued, not Antony. Pepe's last year in Lille was far better than Mudryk's last year.

Of course the unthinkable about signing Mudryk could well be that Edu has no faith in Saka signing a new contract...