Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Usual "warchest" shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    A world class diver goes a long way.
    Every little bit helps
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    A world class diver goes a long way.
    Perhaps we should have sensed an issue with the old man when he tried to sign him last summer.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Um, well, not quite on the Almunia and keeper thing generally. But I am so pleased with your view of Ramsey that I will let that one slide.

Absolutely correct on Ramsey, my litmus test for the next manager will simply be this: did he sell Ramsey in his first summer with the club? Yes, top man. No, I'm waiting for the next manager. Also, note that your view of Ramsey apparently means that people like Ash and Charles have a right to be rude to you and Luis Anaconda will suggest you need a new hobby. Funny ole game, football.

Jack is a tougher one. I still think he's very talented but the fact that he can't get into Bournemouth's first 11 regularly suggests to me that he lacks the desire and focus to be an Arsenal player. At least once Wenger leaves, anyway.
    I am actually prepared to let Ramsey have a go under a new manager. A new manager could change everything. Midfielders could be given direction and some of them may thrive. If Wenger stays then the likes of Ramsey and Wilshere need to go. Funnily enough, this is exactly the opposite of what will happen. Wenger will stay loyal to players who have let him down for years.

Jack is a lost cause I'm afraid. He is becoming a worse footballer with every passing year.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    He has played well for us in the past. He just struggles in the wide midfield and holding role. Once Ozil leaves this summer that position will be vacant and awaiting Ramsey. Alternatively, Wenger might just stick Iwobi in there.
    The flaw in this plan Alberto is that Ramsey has played there quite a few times for us and been utterly useless every time.

The plan without a flaw in it involves selling the useless c*nt.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    The flaw in this plan Alberto is that Ramsey has played there quite a few times for us and been utterly useless every time.

The plan without a flaw in it involves selling the useless c*nt.
    Iwobi is one of the few players to have come out of this season with a shred of credit, tbf.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Iwobi is one of the few players to have come out of this season with a shred of credit, tbf.
    Mainly through being dropped before things went horribly pear shaped. His stock hasn't exactly risen in the last six months

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Mainly through being dropped before things went horribly pear shaped. His stock hasn't exactly risen in the last six months
    Yes but he runs about a lot and actually seems to try unlike some others in his position. Also, he doesn't fling his arms into the air or shout at his teammates when they do something wrong.

Yes but he runs about a lot and actually seems to try unlike some others in his position. Also, he doesn't fling his arms into the air or shout at his teammates when they do something wrong.
    Bit of a lazy **** and defensively rubbish. Again, a new manager might help him, Wenger wont. He will coast for a few years and then start getting injured all the time.

No, Iwobi is a player who has not performed well over the majority of the season but due to his youth is more deserving of patience and the benefit of any doubt which may exist.

Similarly Bellerin who has been poor but is young and we know can be better.

Mustafi because he is new and Welbeck because he is generally seen as a nice bloke and has been sick for a while. Fúcking useless mind you.

Xhaka also, decent player. Just being destroyed playing in a team devoid of a plan.

More or less all the others, or those in the firing line, have been poor for many seasons now, poor and/or inconsistent when 1-2 performances make you think they may finally break through but then they revert at pace to being not very good at all. In this elite section I would put every one of those ********s we overpaid Southampton for.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    No, Iwobi is a player who has not performed well over the majority of the season but due to his youth is more deserving of patience and the benefit of any doubt which may exist.

Similarly Bellerin who has been poor but is young and we know can be better.

Mustafi because he is new and Welbeck because he is generally seen as a nice bloke and has been sick for a while. Fúcking useless mind you.

Xhaka also, decent player. Just being destroyed playing in a team devoid of a plan.

More or less all the others, or those in the firing line, have been poor for many seasons now, poor and/or inconsistent when 1-2 performances make you think they may finally break through but then they revert at pace to being not very good at all. In this elite section I would put every one of those ********s we overpaid Southampton for.
    You're being unreasonable. Oxlade Chamberlain has shown himself to be a very promising player.