Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trust the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    ****ing hell. How long can this go on?
    It has been too long already, SC. I want any Arsenal manager to do well but ***cing hell...

I'm getting quite bored by it all. Last night was insipid, flaccid ****e.

Again.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    True to form the anti-Arsenal cretins are back

No sign of you when we pasted Spurs playing glorious football, of course, but then again that was all of 2 games ago.

4 wins and 2 draws in our past 6 games, manager just named Manager of the Month but a draw at home to palace and you all crawl out from under your rocks.

At least you're all consistently pathetic
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    It has been too long already, SC. I want any Arsenal manager to do well but ***cing hell...

Again.
    I'm all for patience and the realities of rebuilding, i... but it's been two years. And what we're seeing is truly awful.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post

Again.
    Alright IUFG? Did you watch the NLD?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Alright IUFG? Did you watch the NLD?
    I'm well thanks, W. I trust you are too?

I did see the NLD, I thought them were incredibly poor and us marginally better. But, importantly, much betterer for a 20 minute spell.

Can we just get 1 game with Pepe as the striker rather than isolated out on a wing?

Just one and then I’ll shut up about him being a striker

Think the main misjudgment last night was being clever with Right Guard next to Partey…would’ve played him in the 3 with Saka and ESR and have Lokonga next to Partey.

Discount Pep made the rookie error of over thinking things imo

Like Tommy…lord that was bad but I wonder how much of last night was down to Discount Pep’s instructions. He’s not that bad a player. Ok it’s a faster pace of football and he’s still adjusting but man looked like Bellend at times. At some point Discount Pep needs to realise his ideas are farked up. Me myself…I’ve no idea what an inverted right back is…ffs talk about completely over complicating the easiest position on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Can we just get 1 game with Pepe as the striker rather than isolated out on a wing?

Just one and then I’ll shut up about him being a striker

Think the main misjudgment last night was being clever with Right Guard next to Partey…would’ve played him in the 3 with Saka and ESR and have Lokonga next to Partey.

Discount Pep made the rookie error of over thinking things imo

Like Tommy…lord that was bad but I wonder how much of last night was down to Discount Pep’s instructions. He’s not that bad a player. Ok it’s a faster pace of football and he’s still adjusting but man looked like Bellend at times. At some point Discount Pep needs to realise his ideas are farked up. Me myself…I’ve no idea what an inverted right back is…ffs talk about completely over complicating the easiest position on the pitch.
    He actually played well on the wing yesterday. Tracked back and defended well, seems to be developing an understanding with Tommy - which was great for the goal. And the goal showed why we need Auba central.

I'd be up for it as an emergency or in a 442 with Laca deep when chasing a goal.

But last night showed our problems are MF. Woeful from Sambi and Partey..

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I'm all for patience and the realities of rebuilding, i... but it's been two years. And what we're seeing is truly awful.
    its been 5 or 6 games with this backline and GK. Conceded both goals from quite silly turnovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    He actually played well on the wing yesterday. Tracked back and defended well, seems to be developing an understanding with Tommy - which was great for the goal. And the goal showed why we need Auba central.

I'd be up for it as an emergency or in a 442 with Laca deep when chasing a goal.

But last night showed our problems are MF. Woeful from Sambi and Partey..
    Midfield passing was shocking, Partey, Sami and Odegaard.

At one point Partey had the ball in the middle with Pepe in acres of space on the right with one man to beat, Boomerang in a good position at the opposite side. I was screaming for him to ping it to him and instead we got a lazy looping ball that meant the chance went begging as the defenders recovered. That was a common theme, we just didn't pass the ball well enough in midfield. Would also liked us to have used Tierney more, that left sided obsession seems to have disappeared.

Not too sure how we blame Arteta for the fact that the midfield players had on off night on the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Eboue's Boutique View Post
    its been 5 or 6 games with this backline and GK. Conceded both goals from quite silly turnovers.
    Yes, I thought the back five was good again, undone only by two midfield errors and two good finishes.