Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am meeting an old chum in the west end tonight.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I don't understand - why does the nasty man not drink because it's January. Surely January, nasty man should drink more
    That's right, la. This is how it works:

January: Cold + dark, so drink more
    February: See above
    March: Still miserable so you need a cheering drink, but the green shoots of Spring appear, so drink to celebrate.
    April: Still celebrating Spring, plus you can start to have the odd drink outside.
    May-September - Sping/Summer - Warm and nice. Have a lovely drink in the sunshine.
    October - Starting to get chilly - better have a drink to cheer ourselves up
    November: Cold and dark, so drink more
    December: As above + Christmas

Repeat to fade.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    That's right, la. This is how it works:

January: Cold + dark, so drink more
    February: See above
    March: Still miserable so you need a cheering drink, but the green shoots of Spring appear, so drink to celebrate.
    April: Still celebrating Spring, plus you can start to have the odd drink outside.
    May-September - Sping/Summer - Warm and nice. Have a lovely drink in the sunshine.
    October - Starting to get chilly - better have a drink to cheer ourselves up
    November: Cold and dark, so drink more
    December: As above + Christmas

Repeat to fade.
    Amen to that, b

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Amen to that, b
    I note with interest that Sir C has not emerged - suggesting he may have got stotious while his chum sipped sparkling water.

I note with interest that Sir C has not emerged - suggesting he may have got stotious while his chum sipped sparkling water.
    He sipped lime and soda all evening, then just as we finished the meal he looked at me knowingly and said, "Five pints."

"Just saying. It's a Thursday night and you've had five pints."

My language was... choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He sipped lime and soda all evening, then just as we finished the meal he looked at me knowingly and said, "Five pints."

What's wrong with five pints over the course of an evening? Five pints is barely a drink!

What's wrong with five pints over the course of an evening? Five pints is barely a drink!
    Exactly. Especially as I have known him to easily drink twice that quantity over an evening and not consider that a particularly heavy one.

One of the words in my rant was 'smug'.

Exactly. Especially as I have known him to easily drink twice that quantity over an evening and not consider that a particularly heavy one.

Not imbibing oneself is one thing, but actually counting another chap's consumption is beyond the pale imo.

I should think so too. Mind you I was so hungover yesterday I only managed three pints and was in bed by nine Drinking whiskey on a Wednesday night is not recommended

ex-friend, imo
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    ex-friend, imo
    He is pushing his luck a bit tbh.