Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Tenant and her father (who she lives with) have both been furloughed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    No, of course not. But it's quite a hit to ask someone to take when you're still being paid 80% of your normal income.
    At the time we agreed to cut her rent it wasn't clear when the furlough payments would be backdated, so it was reasonable to think she really was going to struggle, but she's certainly had it by now, so if she's still claiming she can only stretch to £500 (between her and her also furloughed father) then I'm pretty comfortable asking for more transparency.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    At the time we agreed to cut her rent it wasn't clear when the furlough payments would be backdated, so it was reasonable to think she really was going to struggle, but she's certainly had it by now, so if she's still claiming she can only stretch to £500 (between her and her also furloughed father) then I'm pretty comfortable asking for more transparency.
    Maybe she can pay you off in other ways...baby sitting, mow your lawn, do your shopping, clean your laundry, wash your car, quick blow job, paint some rooms, general house work...that sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I do hope you've got this rent deferral agreement in writing, m.

Also, on the transparency thing, is there not a GDPR issue about this sort of thing?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I do hope you've got this rent deferral agreement in writing, m.

Also, on the transparency thing, is there not a GDPR issue about this sort of thing?
    I'd imagine we'll end up writing it off. She works in the travel industry so I doubt she's gonna be gainfully employed any time soon.

As for GDPR, we're not asking for proof in the form of bank statements, etc. Just for her to give us her own breakdown, which she's agreed to. Obviously she could tell us anything...