Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: things are pretty sad these days

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Apologies if I am wrong but you seem to reduce his talents to flicks, it was obviously much more than that.
    Not sure the fact that Madrid let him go is quite the argument you think it is, though. Henry was released by Juventus, Bergkamp by Inter and Vieira AC Milan. Can't be greats, then? Chelsea let De Bruyne and Salah go. Sometimes players don't fit into plans. He's clearly drifted the last few years and I won't deny that but at his (long) peak he was one of the best in the world.
    I know you aren't obtuse so you *must* be being deliberately obtuse. Henry/Bergkamp and Vieira being released by those clubs at those points in their careers was the same as Madrid selling us Ozil at the age of 25? Seriously?

And I didn't reduce him to just flicks, I said you couldn't deny his talent but there were issues with him.

But this is boring, there is a segment of AWIMB that simply won't accept anything other than that he was a great player for us, and you belong in that segment. I'll give you credit though, at least you haven't mentioned his movement off the ball

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I know you aren't obtuse so you *must* be being deliberately obtuse. Henry/Bergkamp and Vieira being released by those clubs at those points in their careers was the same as Madrid selling us Ozil at the age of 25? Seriously?

And I didn't reduce him to just flicks, I said you couldn't deny his talent but there were issues with him.

But this is boring, there is a segment of AWIMB that simply won't accept anything other than that he was a great player for us, and you belong in that segment. I'll give you credit though, at least you haven't mentioned his movement off the ball
    I am sensitive on the subject. We are probably not as far apart in assessment as it seems, of course. (Though the pedant in me must of course point out that Dennis was actually 26 when he joined us )

Hope you are enjoying the weather