Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I broke two of my Queen CDs.......

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Oh Peter, there we go again - disagreeing.

Pepper is grossly overrated, I'd take the White Album every time.

She's Leaving Home and When I'm 64 are just utter McCartney dross. Or to summarise better, the first three songs are great and after that you get mostly average songs, or rubbish, until Day in the Life, which is also overrated.

go to youtube and search for a video of someone playing Keith's guitar line from Tumbling Dice. There are a few. You don't need the vocals, bass or drum, just that guitar line. Keith is a genius.
    See....I was willing to overlook the whole Radio Ga Ga issue. But this.... what you have written here.... it is just totally unacceptable.

You need to sit down and take a long look at yourself, Wes. And it won't be pretty

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    See....I was willing to overlook the whole Radio Ga Ga issue. But this.... what you have written here.... it is just totally unacceptable.

You need to sit down and take a long look at yourself, Wes. And it won't be pretty
    Are you *actually* telling me, Peter, that When I'm 64 is a better song than Radio Ga Ga?

Really?

It's load of sh1t, I don't care if it's on Pepper or not.

Are you *actually* telling me, Peter, that When I'm 64 is a better song than Radio Ga Ga?

Really?

It's load of sh1t, I don't care if it's on Pepper or not.
    A fool and his opinions are seldom parted......

A fool and his opinions are seldom parted......
    I think When I'm 64 is a dreadful song but love She's Leaving Home - funny how opinions differ. I do love Radio Ga Ga as well tbf

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I think When I'm 64 is a dreadful song but love She's Leaving Home - funny how opinions differ. I do love Radio Ga Ga as well tbf
    WES is doing his usual. Trying to lock me into arguing over one song when the real issue is him trashing pretty much the entire album.

Do I think When I'm 64 is an amazing song? No. But I am not going bother arguing over the better of two bad songs. It would be like discussing the difference between **** and ****e.

And let's face it, if the chap thinks A Day in the Life isn't any good then our reference points are too far apart. We may as well stick to arguing about whether Arsenal are going to win the league

WES is doing his usual. Trying to lock me into arguing over one song when the real issue is him trashing pretty much the entire album.

Do I think When I'm 64 is an amazing song? No. But I am not going bother arguing over the better of two bad songs. It would be like discussing the difference between **** and ****e.

And let's face it, if the chap thinks A Day in the Life isn't any good then our reference points are too far apart. We may as well stick to arguing about whether Arsenal are going to win the league
    Except that I didn’t trash pretty much the entire album, I said the first three songs were great and a lot of the rest was very average. And I didn’t say A Day in the Life wasn’t any good I said it was overrated.

Other than that your analysis is spot on Peter

Except that I didn’t trash pretty much the entire album, I said the first three songs were great and a lot of the rest was very average. And I didn’t say A Day in the Life wasn’t any good I said it was overrated.

Other than that your analysis is spot on Peter
    You said the album was grossly overrated, or have you forgotten that bit? And calling all but the first three songs average, rubbish (or McCartney dross!) or overrated is trashing 'pretty much the entire album'. Let us not quibble on that.

And it is fine, obviously. Just not worth discussing. I am not going to say anything about the White Album. Nothing at all. My lips are sealed