Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last 10 years of arsenal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    'might even get second' , wow great achievement (!) and no we wont, we have won 5 out of the last 15 games since jan

Quote Originally Posted by o2be a gooner View Post
    'might even get second' , wow great achievement (!) and no we wont, we have won 5 out of the last 15 games since jan
    You don't think coming second in the league is a great achievement? You're satisfied only with absolute success?

I take it you're a multi-millionaire business tycoon then?

no, but Arsenal charging the highest ticket prices in the world, the owner taking money out of the club whilst not really investing, lying to fans constantly how 'we will compete now', poor results/same old same old (actually you could argue we are getting further away from the top) - and one second place finish in 10 years if it happens (which is probalby wont) - isnt good enough

no, but Arsenal charging the highest ticket prices in the world, the owner taking money out of the club whilst not really investing, lying to fans constantly how 'we will compete now', poor results/same old same old (actually you could argue we are getting further away from the top) - and one second place finish in 10 years if it happens (which is probalby wont) - isnt good enough
    You'd have an interesting argument there if it wasn't all *******s.

honestly - its all true. the only debatable thing is the kronke taking money out, but the rest is FACT as rafa would say.

The Jorge
    Hang on, Kroenke taking money out IS a fact, it's just he's taken 1m out for every year he has owned us, which is absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    Hang on, Kroenke taking money out IS a fact, it's just he's taken 1m out for every year he has owned us, which is absolutely nothing.
    I am somewhat bemused by the idea that there is something wrong with a man who buys a business quite legally taking money for himself out of that business.

Isn't that sort of what businesses are for?

but Arsenal charging the highest ticket prices in the world
    Except that for equivalent seats, and taking into account the number of games we get on our ST, our prices are roughly that same as Spurs and Chelsea - in other words the going rate for the Capital.

I agree with you about having a decent striker though. We'd have won the league easily with Harry Kane up front imo, and while such quality is hard to come by, it suggests to me that this team of Wenger's isn't quite a bad all round as it sometimes seems. Erzl has created about 157 chances this season. Better finishing and we wouldn't be worried about defensive errors or midfield stagnation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Except that for equivalent seats, and taking into account the number of games we get on our ST, our prices are roughly that same as Spurs and Chelsea - in other words the going rate for the Capital.

I agree with you about having a decent striker though. We'd have won the league easily with Harry Kane up front imo, and while such quality is hard to come by, it suggests to me that this team of Wenger's isn't quite a bad all round as it sometimes seems. Erzl has created about 157 chances this season. Better finishing and we wouldn't be worried about defensive errors or midfield stagnation.
    I actually think it's the other way around; if we had better finishing, he wouldn't need to create so many chances.

Because I'm not a football coach, I would always build a team from the front. to the back. No-one particularly cares who plays behind the MSN, for instance.

Coaches could never make a living that way though, so they always tell you you must get the defence right first.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I actually think it's the other way around; if we had better finishing, he wouldn't need to create so many chances.
    We'll never keep him. He's such a beautiful player.