Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is it not a massive design flaw to put the tab that minimises your browsers within a

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Be fair to Ruel. He may have spent a career sprinting up blind alleys befor4e ****ing the ball into Row Z, but he at least managed to persuade his coaches to, you know, give him a game. Our £72 million waste of rations rarely even gets an opportunity to display his ineptitude.
    Yes. It's nice that they gave such a huge spending decision to a manager we were going to fúck out of the window a couple of months later. Something for us to remember him by.

I have just been wondering who the pre-Ruel Fox Ruel Fox was?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. It's nice that they gave such a huge spending decision to a manager we were going to fúck out of the window a couple of months later. Something for us to remember him by.

I have just been wondering who the pre-Ruel Fox Ruel Fox was?
    Steve Coppell

Steve Coppell
    I remember Coppell vaguely as being very neat and busy as a player, but the only thing I remember him actually doing was making United's equaliser in the 79 Cup Final.

I remember Coppell vaguely as being very neat and busy as a player, but the only thing I remember him actually doing was making United's equaliser in the 79 Cup Final.
    He was the archetypal 'beat three men and smash it into the stand' winger. wd sc!

He was the archetypal 'beat three men and smash it into the stand' winger. wd sc!
    Who was England's other winger back then? Played for City, I think.

Who was England's other winger back then? Played for City, I think.
    Peter Barnes. Another one.

Peter Barnes. Another one.
    That's the chap! Blond fella. I remember a surprising number of the England team from back then due to the 1982 World Cup being my first Panini sticker album. Thanks to that, in fact, Trevor Cherry occupies a disproportionately large and wholly undeserved place in my memories of early 80s footballers.

That's the chap! Blond fella. I remember a surprising number of the England team from back then due to the 1982 World Cup being my first Panini sticker album. Thanks to that, in fact, Trevor Cherry occupies a disproportionately large and wholly undeserved place in my memories of early 80s footballers.
    Did you ever misplace his Panini sticker and run in crying to your parents that you'd lost your cherry?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Did you ever misplace his Panini sticker and run in crying to your parents that you'd lost your cherry?
    Actually, no I'm wrong. It was the 1980 European Championships. Cherry didn't go to Spain (not least, I think, because Leeds were relegated that season).

Actually, no I'm wrong. It was the 1980 European Championships. Cherry didn't go to Spain (not least, I think, because Leeds were relegated that season).
    Nope - you think you'd remember who England's first choice left back was in that World Cup (backed up by an ancient, so it seemed, Mick Mills)