Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: :music: Prince R.I.P. :-(

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    What do you remember from forty years ago? What did your parents think of it?

The Stones. The Who. The Beatles. Dylan. Shall I go on?

My parents had Elvis they had Buddy Holly, they had Sam Cooke. Shall I go on?

Howsabout Kanye West. Whatever that is. 40 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The Stones. The Who. The Beatles. Dylan. Shall I go on?

My parents had Elvis they had Buddy Holly, they had Sam Cooke. Shall I go on?

Howsabout Kanye West. Whatever that is. 40 years?
    I can't say I've listened to any of them for about forty years either, to be honest. Although, the other morning, I did perform a fine, if not universally popular, rendition of "Yesterday" in my bath.

They forgot about Dre, red, they forgot about Dre.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Headgear - Wannabe viking View Post
    They forgot about Dre, red, they forgot about Dre.
    Really too many to mention.

Just asked my lad (18) who the names are that when he's 45 years old and the grim reaper picks one, everyone will go "****, not ....."

Kendrick Lamar, Arctic Monkeys, Jay-Z, Eminem, Dre, Kanye (for his early stuff)

I'm going to have to brush up on the Kendrick Lamar....

Just asked my lad (18) who the names are that when he's 45 years old and the grim reaper picks one, everyone will go "****, not ....."

They'll surely have different media and interests.

I sat through Aida and Faust, as a kid. Nowadays, youngsters can't even watch a football match all the way through; they watch it snippets and highlights and vines.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    They'll surely have different media and interests.

I sat through Aida and Faust, as a kid. Nowadays, youngsters can't even watch a football match all the way through; they watch it snippets and highlights and vines.
    Well..... Just watched the game with all three kids, all the way though....

Mind you, my eldest counts The Clash, Small Faces, Kinks, The Jam amongst his favourites

Yes, but they're all, sith the greatest of respect, ****.

The Arctic Monkeys are great.I think all the rest are the same person though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes, but they're all, sith the greatest of respect, ****.
    The internet will probably kill them all anyway. And nobody saw *that* coming.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."