Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
Cheers, LA. {Btw, sent you a PM a few days ago. Can you have a look when you have 2-3 mins spare?}

I wanted us to change the UK national anthem to All You Need Is Love by the Beatles.

Imagine you're French and he Olympics are on tv and you knew that some event that afternoon - eg 800m - had a Froggie as one of the favourites.

You're coming into the front room and can see there's a medal ceremony. You hear the start of the Marseillaise and you think "Sampa. On a gagné contre les putains rosbifs."

But then you hear the music change and the words Love, love, love start being sung.

Not only do you realise that the Brit, not the Frog, won gold, you're also reminded that we had the best band in the whole history of music while they only had Johnny Hallyday. A real double whammy.
Reminds me of the story of how Mitterand (I think) stood up at a state dinner when they started playing All You Need is Love and then had to very sheepishly sit down