Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Right, silly season is here, so if you could have one player (reasonably)

has Ivan Toney gone out of fashion?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Yes - fallen foul of the actually not being that good thing. Was being built up as a latter day Marco van Basten when he was out of the game, unfortunately had to start playing again. I actually do like Mbuemo at Brentford (not for us but a talented player)

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Yes - fallen foul of the actually not being that good thing. Was being built up as a latter day Marco van Basten when he was out of the game, unfortunately had to start playing again. I actually do like Mbuemo at Brentford (not for us but a talented player)
    he looks a good player if that makes sense.

I remember playing in a work game many years ago. I had all the gear and was quite complimented when the opposition where screaming to mark me as I casually wandered around trying to beat the offside line.

Where as you know more than anyone how utterly shid I am at football.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Absolutely not!

He was never in fashion, Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Don't really want either of them. Not a big fan of watkins, isak is too expensive and too injury prone.

I want a .midfielder first. Should be the priority. Not Bruno.
    What type of midfielder are you thinking of, pedro?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    What type of midfielder are you thinking of, pedro?
    Prime Xavi would be nice

We need another option in there, particularly if Partey leaves. What type depends on how Arteta plans to use Rice and Havertz next season.

I have given up trying to predict what Arteta and Edu's priorities will be. I always get it wrong and they always turn out to be right. So I am trying to get into the habit of just shutting the hell up

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I like that young centre back at Everton and Mainoo at United.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Prime Xavi would be nice

We need another option in there, particularly if Partey leaves. What type depends on how Arteta plans to use Rice and Havertz next season.

I have given up trying to predict what Arteta and Edu's priorities will be. I always get it wrong and they always turn out to be right. So I am trying to get into the habit of just shutting the hell up
    Not sure I understand why Partey would leave or why we would want him to leave.

I'd like a player who can play like him when he's out, but is more visionary than Jorginho. Not sure if this is what you are looking for.

Am somewhat surprised no one is talking about a midfielder to play the Odegaard role if he gets injured. Unless we think Vieira and/or ESR are able to step in there. I'm not convinced but, equally, someone who was capable of replacing him is a) unlikely to be available and b) unlikely to want to be Ode's backup

I think we could use a better option than Trossard and Martinelli in the wide attacking positions. As much for depth as anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    who would it be?

Not sure about Napoli's financial position but I'd love that Ksomething chap that plays wide left.

He's rather tasty.
    I’ve been impressed by Kudus over at West Ham. Looks a good player.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    I’ve been impressed by Kudus over at West Ham. Looks a good player.
    Indeed - should have snapped him up last season. Not sure West Ham will be very generous to us now after Rice :100millionsteal: