Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Don't think we can complain about Spurs there. THey didn't stop running, especially

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    No - absolutely agree. Lovely player - and I don't mind a little bit of the devil in a player. Dennis was hardly a saint (a God maybe but not a saint). Remember Neal Ruddock saying he was as hard a player physically as he ever played against - which says something
    Dennis was alarmingly strong. I remember him tossing a Southampton player around like a rag doll once. And yes, he could do filthy if that what you wanted. But only when necessary- it wasn't what HE wanted.

Every squad needs a few *******s. I think this is why the likes of Gabriel and Ben White have stepped up their ****housery following Xhaka's departure

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Dennis was alarmingly strong. I remember him tossing a Southampton player around like a rag doll once. And yes, he could do filthy if that what you wanted. But only when necessary- it wasn't what HE wanted.

Every squad needs a few *******s. I think this is why the likes of Gabriel and Ben White have stepped up their ****housery following Xhaka's departure
    Indeed - probably wouldn't mess with Kiwior either

Indeed - probably wouldn't mess with Kiwior either
    I remember people saying Kenny Sansom was too nice for a footballer. Must be why we signed Nigel Winterburn- he certainly wasn't

I remember people saying Kenny Sansom was too nice for a footballer. Must be why we signed Nigel Winterburn- he certainly wasn't
    Neither did badly. I know for a fact Nigel was a lovely man - helped out Merse a lot with his gambling debts for a start

Tierney seems a lovely guy as well - might have held him back (along with injuries)

Steve Lomas knows a thing or two about Dennis's other side...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Steve Lomas knows a thing or two about Dennis's other side...
    As does Lee Bowyer - and he got away with that one

Neither did badly. I know for a fact Nigel was a lovely man - helped out Merse a lot with his gambling debts for a start

Tierney seems a lovely guy as well - might have held him back (along with injuries)
    Oh, I don't think any of them are bad guys. But Winterburn was far from an angel on the pitch

Saka appears to be a genuinely lovely guy. Can't see any bull**** in him, on or off the pitch.

As does Lee Bowyer - and he got away with that one
    he did. Odious little cvnt was Bowyer...

oh, and Nils-Eric Johansson
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Odin has put it about occasionally. Good to know it's there and that we won't be bullied.

Saka appears to be a genuinely lovely guy. Can't see any bull**** in him, on or off the pitch.
    which may be why he gets kicked from 0-90 minutes, every match.