Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Don't think we can complain about Spurs there. THey didn't stop running, especially

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Well.... I can admire a good side, even if I hate them.

And, just for the record, I would choose City cheating off the pitch over United who spent a decade cheating on it.
    Yes, good point. I can't hate this City team nearly as much as I hated the ManU teams of the Ferguson era.

I don't dread going up against a really good team who we can beat on our day (and did) nearly as much as I dreaded what the referees might do to us (and did) at Old Toilet. Not to mention knowing that they would kick us off and pitch and get away with it (and did) if they knew we were better than them.

Pep's team, for all the cheating off the field, are an honourable team on it.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Yes, good point. I can't hate this City team nearly as much as I hated the ManU teams of the Ferguson era.

I don't dread going up against a really good team who we can beat on our day (and did) nearly as much as I dreaded what the referees might do to us (and did) at Old Toilet. Not to mention knowing that they would kick us off and pitch and get away with it (and did) if they knew we were better than them.

Pep's team, for all the cheating off the field, are an honourable team on it.
    Bernado Silva, Kyle Walker, rotational fouling

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Meh. Everyone - including us - does this to some extent.

Compare this to kicking Reyes off the pitch, Scholesy likes a tackle, Horseface trying to break someone's leg etc etc etc

No comparison for me, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Meh. Everyone - including us - does this to some extent.

Compare this to kicking Reyes off the pitch, Scholesy likes a tackle, Horseface trying to break someone's leg etc etc etc

No comparison for me, I'm afraid.
    Couldn't agree more. A bit of diving, rotational fouling, putting pressure on the ref.... this is what smart sides do. Some call them 'the dark arts'. More fool us if we refuse to join in and choose to play at a disadvantage.

Kicking opponents from the first whistle, safe in the knowledge that the ref will bottle every decision until your opponent responds and then at some stage give you a ridiculous penalty, is rather different.

City are not the Corinthian Casuals. But I would rather watch them, and rather play against them, than Ferguson's United.

RODRI ffs - how could you miss Rodri. Fantastic footballer - cheating ****

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    He's very clever. Knows exactly how to prevent the counter attack without getting booked.

But again, the difference is he understands where the line is and knows exactly how to work it. United changed where the line was for them, or removed it altogether.

That said, Rodri and City do occasionally get away with murder.

In fairness to me, by rotational fouling I meant Rodri - A.N. Other - Rodri - A.N.Other, repeat until final whistle

In fairness to me, by rotational fouling I meant Rodri - A.N. Other - Rodri - A.N.Other, repeat until final whistle
    Fair enough. Loved David Silva as a player but it was only when my mate pointed out to me who much he got away with that I realised he basically fouled and fouled and fouled again

Fair enough. Loved David Silva as a player but it was only when my mate pointed out to me who much he got away with that I realised he basically fouled and fouled and fouled again
    But.... still a great player.

I may well be alone in this but I think Bernardo Silva is fantastic to watch. A bit of a cheat, but all the best players are.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    But.... still a great player.

I may well be alone in this but I think Bernardo Silva is fantastic to watch. A bit of a cheat, but all the best players are.
    No - absolutely agree. Lovely player - and I don't mind a little bit of the devil in a player. Dennis was hardly a saint (a God maybe but not a saint). Remember Neal Ruddock saying he was as hard a player physically as he ever played against - which says something