Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
We’ll only threaten them next year buy improving the squad and not doling out new contracts on players who aren’t good enough.
The hangover from the Wenger years was the root cause of our last fall from grace. Too many average players rewarded with expensive contracts.
The Jorginho renewal I accept, as it appears his value off the pitch equates to the handful of appearances on it.
Partey needs to go. He gets robbed far too often and another year won’t improve him either.
ESR was farked the moment we signed Odegaard but the club could secure a decent fee for him in the summer. I’d still keep Jesus for his trickery but Nketiah needs to move on, although his ridiculous contract won’t make that easy.
Nelson, gone. Zinny, gone. Ramsdale, gone.
A top midfielder and forward must be the priority ?
I think we are good enough, with a few stronger squad options. What has cost us this season is the period up to Christmas where Raya was still all over the shop and we were fielding the Chelsea Havertz in midfield. Now that we have a decent keeper, a solid range of midfield options in place and the Arsenal Havertz up front we are a different side.

We lost the title at home to Fulham, Spurs and West Ham, and away to Chelsea, Villa, Newcastle and Fulham, all in the first half of the season. The side we are now would win half of those games at the very least.