Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It really is no coincidence that those feckers have been quietly

It really is no coincidence that those feckers have been quietly

working away on their goal difference.

A draw at Tottenham and an easy 4-0 win against West Ham will see them lift the title as we labour to a 1-0 win against Everton.

They really do leave no stone unturned...

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilloso Marvo View Post
    working away on their goal difference.

A draw at Tottenham and an easy 4-0 win against West Ham will see them lift the title as we labour to a 1-0 win against Everton.

They really do leave no stone unturned...
    If I were nasty, petty and vindictive (though I am actually nasty AND both petty and vindictive so perhaps I ought to say, had I more TIME to be nasty, petty and vindictive) I would argue it's high time the Premier League got its act together and relegated everyone at Manchester City to the Scottish Division.

I know what'll happen though; they'll give them an enormous, pointless fine in return for assurances that those individuals responsible for the double-dealing are no longer at the club, plus all the receipts. The authorities will be working this case for years.

They ARE a decent side though, to be fair
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    If I were nasty, petty and vindictive (though I am actually nasty AND both petty and vindictive so perhaps I ought to say, had I more TIME to be nasty, petty and vindictive) I would argue it's high time the Premier League got its act together and relegated everyone at Manchester City to the Scottish Division.

I know what'll happen though; they'll give them an enormous, pointless fine in return for assurances that those individuals responsible for the double-dealing are no longer at the club, plus all the receipts. The authorities will be working this case for years.

They ARE a decent side though, to be fair
    It's infuriating, Forest and Everton have not only had their cases heard and punishments handed out but they've also had their appeals sorted and yet 115 FC are still going on their merry way with nothing happening.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    It's infuriating, Forest and Everton have not only had their cases heard and punishments handed out but they've also had their appeals sorted and yet 115 FC are still going on their merry way with nothing happening.
    The difference is that city spent a fortune planning how to get around these rules. They will have made it virtually impossible to prove with the paper trail covered at every turn.

They'll get off, and everybody knows it.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    And what’s wrong with the idea of perhaps cherry picking 4 or 5 of the more obvious offences, prosecuting those more expediently and deferring the rest to a future date ?

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    And what’s wrong with the idea of perhaps cherry picking 4 or 5 of the more obvious offences, prosecuting those more expediently and deferring the rest to a future date ?
    Right. That's exactly what's been happening with all the big banking and money-laundering cases. But the more serious the case, the more time it will take
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    The difference is that city spent a fortune planning how to get around these rules. They will have made it virtually impossible to prove with the paper trail covered at every turn.

They'll get off, and everybody knows it.
    We deserve another title, P. Mikel especially. Jürgen Klopp does too, to be fair. **** Manchester City.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    So, a corporate sponsor decides to pay 80 million a year to have their logo on the sole of the right sock of their training gear. The sponsor is a company in an Emirate with no obvious ties to the owners. The holding companies that own the equity of the sponsor all eventually trace to a series of offshore accounts..... the trail goes dead. No proof of wrongdoing, so much of corporate funding is complex, rules unclear etc etc etc......

On to the next offence.......

Let us assume they are just as clever, just as organised, just as dedicated, just as brilliant off the pitch as they are on it. There is no way this case will ever close.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    We deserve another title, P. Mikel especially. Jürgen Klopp does too, to be fair. **** Manchester City.
    I don't want a title we haven't won. I don't care how much they cheat off the pitch, I only want a title we have won on the pitch.

We are so close. We can get them next year, even with the cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    So, a corporate sponsor decides to pay 80 million a year to have their logo on the sole of the right sock of their training gear. The sponsor is a company in an Emirate with no obvious ties to the owners. The holding companies that own the equity of the sponsor all eventually trace to a series of offshore accounts..... the trail goes dead. No proof of wrongdoing, so much of corporate funding is complex, rules unclear etc etc etc......

On to the next offence.......

Let us assume they are just as clever, just as organised, just as dedicated, just as brilliant off the pitch as they are on it. There is no way this case will ever close.
    My understanding (this could of course be complete *******s), is that a Portuguese hacker proved the links and supplied the information to the relevant parties. Citeh's defence will be, he could just have easily put the information there.