Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: City charges.......

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Yeah I know, but, but, but, but, but....

Can any of us *actually* see the PL doing something serious about it? I mean really serious, like removing titles, relegation etc etc?

Really?
    Well, the PL has to do something to punish Man City... or it will be a financial free for all.

Relegation is the answer...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Well, the PL has to do something to punish Man City... or it will be a financial free for all.

At least 2 divisions

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    At least 2 divisions
    I'm not sure the Football League would have to accept them into their competition.

Rangers style banishment is the real answer imo.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I think they are going to come up with a hefty (and I mean hefty) fine. That will teach them for being willing to pump billions of their own money into the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I think they are going to come up with a hefty (and I mean hefty) fine. That will teach them for being willing to pump billions of their own money into the club.
    A fine on top of points / relegation.

teams like City or Barcodes - a fine, no matter the size, wouldn't touch the sides.

A fine on top of points / relegation.

teams like City or Barcodes - a fine, no matter the size, wouldn't touch the sides.
    How about a fine of 30 billion quid?

It would stop them doing it again.

How about a fine of 30 billion quid?

It would stop them doing it again.
    I doubt it. Abu Dhabi has around 10% of the world's oil reserves iirc.

I doubt it. Abu Dhabi has around 10% of the world's oil reserves iirc.
    I know, but it is wrong to think that these people don't care about money. They do. I agree that fines in the millions is the equivalent of fining me a fiver but if you start fining them in the tens of billions, they will sod off elsewhere.

You could use some of the money to settle the inevitable claims of the sides who missed out on champions league qualification or got relegated because of City.

I think the only possible solution here is to find them not guilty. I suspect that is where this will end......

I know, but it is wrong to think that these people don't care about money. They do.

Oh, my experience is that they do care about money over there. So much so, they marry family members to keep their wealth in their family...

Still, £30bn? a drop in the oily ocean

I think the only possible solution here is to find them not guilty. I suspect that is where this will end......
    I agree. That and City can afford better lawyers than the PL.

Shame really, I'm not sure how you can charge a team for failing to cooperate and then the PL admit that City did, in fact, cooperate.