Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Is there a better opening scene than this in a film ?

Is there a better opening scene than this in a film ?

https://youtu.be/e5L617dEXlE?si=aDIIlPG7L4IaaGFP

The transition from those Huey blades to the ceiling fan.. Coppola at his best ?

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post

The transition from those Huey blades to the ceiling fan.. Coppola at his best ?
    Great movie, always put it on with volume up when wife is away with work.

Great scene - from a film of great scenes without actually being a great film imo. When I watch it I always find myself getting slightly bored as I wait for the next great scene

On a related note, that brings back memories of listening to The End EXTREMELY stoned out of my mind at uni.

The good old days

Yep, agreed.

Though, on a similarly related note, I would've been puking my guts out into my lap after a fifty-mile trot up and down the Sarn Helen back in those good old days. This is the end indeed

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Great scene - from a film of great scenes without actually being a great film imo. When I watch it I always find myself getting slightly bored as I wait for the next great scene

On a related note, that brings back memories of listening to The End EXTREMELY stoned out of my mind at uni.

The good old days
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

The good old days
    Good description, w. I think I watched it about five time before I made it to the end. First few times at uni, drugs may have been involved

No - there isn't. The opening shot of The Player is one that could rival it - but a touch pretentious perhaps. And of course The Spy Who Loved Me :unionjack:

Excellent call on the Union Jack moment. One o' dem where the cinema applauded and gales of whistles flew out. Marvellous.

On a related note, when I was a kid my big sister had an exchange pupil in from St. Quentin. Or St. Etienne. Somewhere like that. Anyways, somewhere in France. At Sunday lunch one time, young Jean-Paul or whatever his name was, holds up a chicken drumstick and says, Bof. What do you call these, hein?

"Bones", says my old man.

"Ah!", says our Frenchman. "James Bones!"

<lols from the fam> <Bemused look from young Jacques>

And verily it came to pass that from that day forth, 007 would be forever known as "Bones", in our house.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    No - there isn't. The opening shot of The Player is one that could rival it - but a touch pretentious perhaps. And of course The Spy Who Loved Me :unionjack:
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"Miami Vice" (2006). Michael Mann at his most Michael Mann. And if you'd never heard "Numb/Encore" before, as I had not, you'd swear it was the greatest, coolest track ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Great movie, always put it on with volume up when wife is away with work.
    Sounds like another kind of movie.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Excellent call on the Union Jack moment. One o' dem where the cinema applauded and gales of whistles flew out. Marvellous.

On a related note, when I was a kid my big sister had an exchange pupil in from St. Quentin. Or St. Etienne. Somewhere like that. Anyways, somewhere in France. At Sunday lunch one time, young Jean-Paul or whatever his name was, holds up a chicken drumstick and says, Bof. What do you call these, hein?

"Bones", says my old man.

"Ah!", says our Frenchman. "James Bones!"

<lols from the fam> <Bemused look from young Jacques>

And verily it came to pass that from that day forth, 007 would be forever known as "Bones", in our house.
    Excellent story