Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The papers seem to have decided we need to spend

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Remarkably restrained from you there, red. There was a day when that sort of post would have you threatening to rain hellfire and all sorts down on Peter for the very suggestion we might not need a striker.

Perhaps it's that he never mentioned 'false No. 9s'.
    I have literally no idea what a false 9 is. I suspect it means nothing.

Then he would've been for it.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Remarkably restrained from you there, red. There was a day when that sort of post would have you threatening to rain hellfire and all sorts down on Peter for the very suggestion we might not need a striker.

Perhaps it's that he never mentioned 'false No. 9s'.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I have literally no idea what a false 9 is. I suspect it means nothing.
    I thought it was a german chap

Well, yes, there is that. Obviously an Henry is two players in one and well worth a place in the side. But who has one of them knocking about?

But midfielders, we can find those. I want more. Play Havertz up front
    I'd like to see Martinelli up top, which apparently he's going to do for Brazil.

Henry is two WORLD-CLASS players in one whereas young Havertz ..

So far anyway.

Well, yes, there is that. Obviously an Henry is two players in one and well worth a place in the side. But who has one of them knocking about?

But midfielders, we can find those. I want more. Play Havertz up front
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I'd like to see Martinelli up top, which apparently he's going to do for Brazil.
    I'd like to see Thomas Partey back in our midfield. Then I don't care who plays up front

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Henry is two WORLD-CLASS players in one whereas young Havertz ..

So far anyway.
    Havertz is awful. That is why I want to stick him up front where he will do less damage

It's essentially a striker that doesn't score enough goals, German or otherwise. Notable exceptions, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I thought it was a german chap

Very bad for morale.

Havertz is awful. That is why I want to stick him up front where he will do less damage

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Very bad for morale.
    Only when the others aren't fit, of course.