Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Questions: Where does this North London Forever **** come from? Was it a fan thing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Back in the day, we used to sing YNWA too, think most clubs did. And there was always

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    All fair points but it's far preferable to
    YNWA
    Blue Moon
    I'm for ever blowing bubbles (the worst of the lot)
    at least one rendition of 'Maybe It's Because' ending with "Get off yer sister!"

Is it too much to hope that "The wánky Tottenham Hotspur" has died? It makes me cringe with embarrassment such is the abject shíteness of it. I'm sure that, back in the day again, it started with a quite witty verse of some sort with Bill Nich being in such despair at Spurs lack of Trophies he goes to Rome to ask the Pope for help but all his Holiness wants to know is "Who's that team they call the Arsenal?"

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    at least one rendition of 'Maybe It's Because' ending with "Get off yer sister!"

Is it too much to hope that "The wánky Tottenham Hotspur" has died? It makes me cringe with embarrassment such is the abject shíteness of it. I'm sure that, back in the day again, it started with a quite witty verse of some sort with Bill Nich being in such despair at Spurs lack of Trophies he goes to Rome to ask the Pope for help but all his Holiness wants to know is "Who's that team they call the Arsenal?"
    They were going to Rome to see the pope when I started going in 1978. I’d say that qualifies as ‘back in the day’, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    They were going to Rome to see the pope when I started going in 1978. I’d say that qualifies as ‘back in the day’, no?
    I first heard it I'd say about '74. I am convinced it didn't start with "The wánky Tottenham Hotspur". Is my memory playing tricks on me C? How is your menagerie btw? Has it expanded even further or did you get bored with the flea-ridden wee ****s and flog 'em to Maccy D?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    I first heard it I'd say about '74. I am convinced it didn't start with "The wánky Tottenham Hotspur". Is my memory playing tricks on me C? How is your menagerie btw? Has it expanded even further or did you get bored with the flea-ridden wee ****s and flog 'em to Maccy D?
    I do have a recollection of it being, “the famous Tottenham Hotspur”, now you mention it.

3 cats, 3 chickens, 1 dog, 4 horses. I’m ****ing knackered.