Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
Agree with all of that.

I accept the prem is more important than the Milk Cup, and that his goal tonight was mostly about the turn. But the finish - just the first time shot part - when we lost to Brighton in the Littlewards cup - was sublime. He never used to score those. Reiss Nelson drove forward from our half starting on the right wing but moving centrally as he ran in diagonally.

This was into the space where Eddie was, so Eddie started running but diagonally out towards the side. The defenders who were chasing or preparing to deal with RN meant that Eddie could get to the corner of the box while staying onside. Great pass from RN. Eddie hits it first time into the far corner.

https://www.arsenal.com/video/men/ed...yid=0_0iwcezi7

Glorious. I love Eddie. Would so love him to come good.

If Eddie can hit the balls like that first time from the corner of the box into the far corner, if he can turn and finish like tonight, if he can keep dropping deep and keeping it simple to link up play, draw CHs out of position and bring our world class wingers into the game and can also drive in diagonally with great dribbling like he did in the final EL game when MA started him out on the left then we could have a serious player on our hands.

We could have an Elephant-Headed God removing all the obstacles thrown in our path by mid-season world cups, injuries and financial doping, thus bringing us the good luck and fortune He is celebrated for.

Just sayin'. Just sayin'.
We need Eddie to be our Chris Wreh this year. He needs to come from nowhere and win us a double. I want us to win pure this season. I want an Eddie pulling a Christ Wreh and getting us over the line or buying a Thuram fella in the last 6 months of his contract and seeing out the season. I will not accept financial doping. We're not signing some name cnut and winning the league. I still get angry with people demanding we spunk £70m on an ESR replacement. No, he's our boy. We're winning the league properly, with class.