Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Am I right to assume that the risk with booking any travel for the coming months will

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I'm only worried about having to tell my son he can't go to this football camp, and was trying to determine the likelihood of this. As I said in my original post, my sense is that the biggest risk is that our flight is cancelled.

I'm not concerned about getting it myself, although I would suggest you're being a little blasé about the risk of healthy, strapping young men like me inadvertently passing it onto elderly relatives.
    If we lost 10% of our over 80s would that really be, (on a purely pragmatic level) such a bad thing? Consider the boost to the welfare budget, for a start.

I'm only worried about having to tell my son he can't go to this football camp, and was trying to determine the likelihood of this. As I said in my original post, my sense is that the biggest risk is that our flight is cancelled.

I'm not concerned about getting it myself, although I would suggest you're being a little blasé about the risk of healthy, strapping young men like me inadvertently passing it onto elderly relatives.
    The old will just have to take their chances, I'm afraid. The risk of imminent death is part of the deal of getting old and they must accept that nature wants their arse. Same goes for the weak and infirm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Airlines going mechuleh might well be another issue.

Sadly, Easyjet and Ryanair are likely to survive.
    I think we are flying BA.

If we lost 10% of our over 80s would that really be, (on a purely pragmatic level) such a bad thing? Consider the boost to the welfare budget, for a start.
    Also, can you imagine all moaning out of the second referendum lot if loads of oldsters died after Brexit's already happened?
    Last edited by Burney; 03-05-2020 at 10:17 AM.

I think we are flying BA.
    You might want to keep an eye on IAG's share price then.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Also, can you imagine all moaning out of the second referendum lot if loads of oldsters died after Brexit's already happened?
    I knew you would get Brexit in there somewhere

Airlines going mechuleh might well be another issue.

Sadly, Easyjet and Ryanair are likely to survive.
    I'm actually flying Lufthansa tomorrow - they are complete pussies, cancelling flights left right and centre

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I'm actually flying Lufthansa tomorrow - they are complete pussies, cancelling flights left right and centre
    Why pussies? They'll be cancelling flights to avoid flying with half empty planes.

Why pussies? They'll be cancelling flights to avoid flying with half empty planes.
    what about the half that are booked on and still want to travel?

be cancelled flights due to unsold seats, rather than sitting in a metal tube breathing in everyone's air?

I'm due to go to Cyprus in late May for my son to attend a football camp run by tongue-wielding cripple Jack 'Jackie' Wilshere. He's going to have a massive f*cking paddy if I have to tell him we can't go

My son, not Jack.
    Indeed this is correct,