Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
You mean there's still people that think this way? Other than Corbyn and his rabble, of course.

Speaking of which, I saw that Richard Burgon chap on Andrew Marr on Sunday. What a grade A muppet. I genuinely hope that the powers that be in Labour adopt the same views that he seems to hold. Replace Corbyn and run the same campaign again in 4 years time and all will be well.
Oh, yes. And not just lefties, either. Over the years I've regularly spoken to people who'll speak admiringly of China's ability to 'get things done' and how relatively mired in 'red tape' we in the West are.

By 'red tape', of course, they actually mean the legal and social protections that are the cornerstones of free societies. If you raise this with them, they'll talk about omelettes and eggs. But, as Orwell pointed out with regard to Soviet Russia 'Where's the omelette?' And situations such as these (in addition to China's actually pretty precarious economic situation and dependency on Western markets, of course), prove that China's omelette isn't all it's cracked up to be.