Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Any c*nt that tells me I "would have taken that before the game"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The same Leicester owned by the multi-billionaire who spent a fúck-load on players, you mean?
    the multi-billionaire who spent half the amount on players than Arsenal did?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    the multi-billionaire who spent half the amount on players than Arsenal did?
    Misleading. That figure only adds up if you base it on cost of squads. He actually spent around £180 million between buying Leicester and their league win.

Misleading. That figure only adds up if you base it on cost of squads. He actually spent around £180 million between buying Leicester and their league win.
    Please show your workings.

And compare that to how much our owner spent
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

and Arsenal spent £220m in the same period.

Yes, Arsenal recovered significant amounts in transfers out.

Would that suggest that Lester spent their money more wisely than AW / The Arsenal?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Would that suggest that Lester spent their money more wisely than AW / The Arsenal?
    Sure. And more wisely than United, Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea and City, of course.

The point is that, while Leicester's win was an aberration, it was still the consequence of massive injection of cash in a very short period and not quite the aberration it's made out to be.

Is spent only transfer fees, or are we including some of the very high wages we gave to players? I believe AW was in charge of that side of the business as well
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar