Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
wouldn’t surprise me if he worked out ages ago that Bellend, Mustafi, Xhaka and Ozil are dog sh*t so just letting them hang themselves so he can do things without any issues like at PSG with Neymar.

You gotta be careful with this lot...one tweet or instagram post and Unai’s career is over.

We got a taste of that with Ozil venting about Germany.

Bellend would be worse...he’s a vegan sjw hipster. Wouldn’t surprise if a couple years time he decided he wants a sex change. The media and masses love people like this especially if there’s any hint that they’ve been wronged.

Keep it up and he’ll be able to bring in the likes of Lichtsteiner, Holding, Torreria and Smith Rowe without any grumbling or complaints...just perfect harmony playing Unai’s way.

Agree with all of that. I find it ridiculous that people are criticising the bloke at this stage. We haven't won at their place for years but showed glimpses today of far better things to come. I've every confidence that Emery wont take prisoners. He sent out the same warning to Ozil today as he did with Ramsey last week. These two were afforded the luxury of starting every game under Wenger, despite not always putting in a good performance. That kind of special treatment leads to complacency, which was very evident last season.
Emery needs time. I'll be more judgemental against the Everton's and Leicesters than the sides who finished above us last year, because this is the start point.
I'd be very surprised if we don't evolve into a very strong side before the end of this season. Expect more squad movement in January, as more underperformers get shipped out to make way for new talent.