Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
I still think the theory that they peaked in the last GE is credible and something to cling on to.

But the big fear for me is Labour's ability to mobilise non-voters, which simply can't be matched by the Tories. However, I've seen analysis that suggests the seats in which those votes are up for grabs are not in the areas of the country that are any use to them if they want to win an election.

But given the Tories can't mobilise non-voters, that leaves them with the task of persuading swing voters and traditional Tory voters who didn't turn out last time because a) they voted remain and couldn't endorse a so-called hard brexit, or b) wanted to punish May for her hubris, to return to the fold.

There's some hope of success in both categories and that could help them across the line again, I reckon.
You'd think that people who voted Remain because they didn't want a shock to the economy would surely struggle to vote again for a man who has to war-game a run on the pound if he wins a general election, can they?

There are things that happened last time that I simply can not ever see happening again, though. Labour won Kensington & Chelsea, ffs!