Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
Yup. Even I can see that, FFS. That game when him, Alexis and Santi ripped ManU to shreds 3-0. That goal where he left 2 of them on their arses. The flicked, kung-fu volley to put OG through. The fact that he had something like 17 assists by new year despite not having a pacy CF who'd have been even better with through-balls. {Though OG's ability in the air at set pieces did make up for it.}

I liked Ozil. He did those flicks and passes that made me happy.Can't really remember many last season. Laca had 3 assists in a 3 nil which contained at least one nice flick - might have been 2 or 3.

Don't remember any eye of the needle passes.
Yes but sadly for Mesut there's more to playing football than fliicks and eye of the needle passes. You may have noticed GG that consecutive managers had no place for him in the team and Unai seems to be doing rather well now, as is Arteta in my view.

Meanwhile, Mesut is trying to find a job in whichever Turkish team is desperate enough to offer him one. Sort of like Aaron Ramsey.

No one would deny Ozil's talent, but it's ridiculous to suggest there weren't issues with him. If there hadn't been he'd still be with us, or more likely still with Real Madrid.