Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
Yes, I refuse to accept that it has already happened because it demonstrably hasn't. Jihadists and child rapists are merely on the inside of a collection of concentric circles, but on the outside are the millions upon millions with views about human rights, women’s rights, and gay rights that are incompatible with the kind of civilisation we should all want to live in.

Have you not seen the polls conducted in recent years about the views of Muslims in the UK and Europe on such issues? And you believe that Islam has already achieved a kind of reformation?
Oh, I am not saying they are all wonderfully enlightened liberals. And when I say it has happened I am not saying it is done and dusted.

In the broader scheme of women's rights and gay rights they are not alone. Plenty of the rest of the world has some catching up to do.

It is clear there is work to do within our own muslim communities. I can only tell you, having lived among huge muslin communities since I was a child, that the very idea of this kind of behaviour is as appalling to them to them as it is to you. There is plenty of goodwill to work with.