Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So the Germans have voted to recognise the Turkish genocide of the Armenians?

So the Germans have voted to recognise the Turkish genocide of the Armenians?

And the Turkish ambassador's been recalled as a result.

Seriously, Turkey, who do you think you're kidding here? We all know you done dem fings. Denying it just makes you look silly and creates awkwardness. Just own up and we can all move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    And the Turkish ambassador's been recalled as a result.

Seriously, Turkey, who do you think you're kidding here? We all know you done dem fings. Denying it just makes you look silly and creates awkwardness. Just own up and we can all move on.
    One starts to wonder whether Erdogan might not take them all the way to the dark side. I must say, my experience of Turkey has always been poor; it's a third world ****hole, populated by savages, masquerading as a bulwark against the Asian Hordes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    One starts to wonder whether Erdogan might not take them all the way to the dark side. I must say, my experience of Turkey has always been poor; it's a third world ****hole, populated by savages, masquerading as a bulwark against the Asian Hordes.
    This is hardly limited to Erdogan, to be fair. They've always been a bit touchy about the fact that they murdered a million or so Armenians. Odd, really. Nobody'd make a fuss if they just admitted they did it.

I would dearly love to go to Istanbul for all the history and that. I accept it's full of Turks and so wouldn't dream of taking any womenfolk, but I would like to see it.

This is hardly limited to Erdogan, to be fair. They've always been a bit touchy about the fact that they murdered a million or so Armenians. Odd, really. Nobody'd make a fuss if they just admitted they did it.

I would dearly love to go to Istanbul for all the history and that. I accept it's full of Turks and so wouldn't dream of taking any womenfolk, but I would like to see it.
    It's ****ing ****e, history notwithstanding.

It's ****ing ****e, history notwithstanding.
    What of the Golden Horn? What of Aya Sofia? What of the Topkapi Palace? The Suleymaniye Mosque?

Just saying '****e' doesn't really help me here.

The Jorge
    What of the Golden Horn? What of Aya Sofia? What of the Topkapi Palace? The Suleymaniye Mosque?

You're both missing the crucial point here, the schwarma, the donner, the shish, the shami, it's basically ground zero for the kebab lovers.

I've been to all of 'em. I've attended a sumptuous banquet in a palace on an island in the Bosphorous. I've watched the faithful at prayer in the Blue Mosque on a Friday afternoon. I've eaten sweetmeats whilst belly dancers gyrated for my pleasure.

Every single moment of it was ****.

Allans, you see.

I watched as an old man in the street noticed my Europeanness, cocked a pretend machine gun, and, like an air guitarist, air shot me down. I fended off scammers, thieves and beggars literally by the dozen.

Stay away, for your physical and mental health.

and ground zero for poor quality footballing placards

article-2235176-161B7357000005DC-21_634x423.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I've been to all of 'em. I've attended a sumptuous banquet in a palace on an island in the Bosphorous. I've watched the faithful at prayer in the Blue Mosque on a Friday afternoon. I've eaten sweetmeats whilst belly dancers gyrated for my pleasure.

Every single moment of it was ****.

Allans, you see.

I watched as an old man in the street noticed my Europeanness, cocked a pretend machine gun, and, like an air guitarist, air shot me down. I fended off scammers, thieves and beggars literally by the dozen.

Stay away, for your physical and mental health.
    I have to say that this bears no resemblance to the experience described by the fragrant Judith Chalmers all those years ago. She seemed to have a lovely time there.

The Jorge
    Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    and ground zero for poor quality footballing placards

article-2235176-161B7357000005DC-21_634x423.jpg
    Sure, back in the 90s maybe. Stamford Bridge is the new now for that sort of thing.