Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I've always thought the role of training sessions is overlooked by football fans

I've always thought the role of training sessions is overlooked by football fans

I would suggest any football fan would know that training is an essential part of any sport

so how you think it is overlooked is beyond me

I mean the role it plays in informing a manager's judgement,

particularly with regard to match day selection.

Again I would suggest that the majority of fans would expect training to play an important part in

selection

I think he's bantered himself off with ****housery there, Clive

Really? You never see it mentioned, even hypothetically

Whereas plenty of other hypotheticals are always put forward

I never thought I'd see Arsene using the word "Vibe"

f**king British core. He'll be saying "innit" next and flicking his fingers an ting

Why would fans mention it?

We have absolutely no idea what happens in training or the performance of individuals, the attitude of players during.

Let's be honest, if a person did mention training as a hypothetical I would imagine you to be among the very first to attack their comment based on the above.

We can however comment on match day performances and link that tangible though objective factor towards team selection.

Untrue. Take, for example, Billy Goats' comment in this thread from last summer

http://www.awimb.com/fudforum/index.php?t=tree&th=568531 &mid=3892696&rid=5863&S=ae073db76532f393dce0908 3 ccd8ca8f&rev=&reveal=

You may wish to also observe my resolute defence of Giroud in the face of certain highly crutical posters including LA.

so 1 thread for last summer proves your point how?

we don't see training so how can we comment on it... you don't often hear a manager saying i haven't picked x because he couldn't control a bag of cenment in training.... so how can we know?