Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My thoughts on the Villa game

My thoughts on the Villa game

Their is no doubt that it was a bad first game of the season .

We were not great but the ref was a joke. He gave them a pen that was never one in a million years. The sending of lauren was a joke.

Still it was only the first game of the season. Its a 38 game season not a one game season. United lost on the first game last season and we know what happened after that.

Hearing some fans at the emirates call for arsene after the game makes my blood boil. Have they forgotten we won ten match put of 12 at the end of last season and had the second best away defence in the league.

Looks i agree that the club need to bring in few players in next few weeks to add to the team. But their are still two weeks left of transfer window so yets wait and see what happens.

Fans could be feeling very different about club after September 2nd transfer window day. So patience is needed .

Patience may be needed...but if we don't turn over Fenerbahce (2 games) then there is NO patience

left

My faith in Wenger has gone Modd.

I still believe in you though Modd.
    Modd for Manager

True but we should knock them out at our place

really in the second leg. Of course it odd draw that knowing we could lose and yet still go through if turks lose their appeal the next day .

Anyway all i am saying is the reaction after our defeat by some arsenal fans on saturday was just silly. Its the first game of the season for f**ks sake.

Only thing I'm disappointed about is that after our excellent run at the end of last season

We've scrapped the two holding midfielders strategy

Is Fringpong fit....if so then chuck him into the midfield vs Fenerbache please!!

we need two guys screening the back four....

Can't believe we let Coquelin go.......

.....but against Villa?? ......at home???....surely we were the biggest favourites of all home teams

on saturday....

hehe Thanks Wanger but U think you make a better manager

then me. Look don,t give up faith yet in manager. This season is vital for him and the club. We need to win something this year and i think if we don,t he will leave. If he does then he sign a new contract.

Its going to be nine month season so we need to just keep faith in team. People were calling for Arsene to go after the derby loss and then we won in munich and went on that magnificent run.

So again keep the faith.

I agree with you on that Tony

I am very surprised we did not start santi on saturday considering that mikel injured.

I am also amazed we let Coquelin go to. That was a bad call in my view

When arteta injured we do lack that very good defensive midfieder. We need to get that in the transfer window in my view. Their a player at everton who has got big hair that would be perfect for that.

We need new central defender , central midfielder and a striker. Two weeks to get them so yets see.

He is warming the bench at Freiburg, Could have done that here ..

Villa are hardly worst team in the league with their

quality of strikers. We only just beat them 2-1 last season. But look it game we expect to win but many things went against us. Bad ref, injuries, poor defending. These game happen.

I recall we won 6-1 at everton in 2009 and 2010 first game of the season and then went on to have a pretty poor season. First game does not always tell you everything.