Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Kevin Campbell RIP

Kevin Campbell RIP

A big reason I opted for Arsenal as a kid was because Ian Wright and Kevin Campbell were so damn cool. 😢

Quote Originally Posted by John Bunnell View Post
    A big reason I opted for Arsenal as a kid was because Ian Wright and Kevin Campbell were so damn cool. ��
    Awful news.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

A big reason I opted for Arsenal as a kid was because Ian Wright and Kevin Campbell were so damn cool. 😢
    Very sad. Far too young. Came across as a very genuine bloke with a warm heart. He never quite lived up to the huge expectation we all had of him as a number 9 but always gave everything. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Very sad. Far too young. Came across as a very genuine bloke with a warm heart. He never quite lived up to the huge expectation we all had of him as a number 9 but always gave everything. RIP.
    It was GG that ruined him. End of '92, Merse and Limpar switched flanks and Kev and IWWW up dront gave us the sexiest front four I could imagine. Then GG ditched Anders and killed the MF.

Very sad. No one ever had a bad word to say about him and loved at all the clubs he played for.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    agree with all of that...

“Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”