Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Weird incident in my car with a wally on a push bike.

  1. #1

    Weird incident in my car with a wally on a push bike.

    By the Everyman Cinema in Barnet. My sat nav froze so I pulled up in that little side road that runs parallel to the main road by the BP Garage and Everyman Cinema (the old Odeon). As I was tinkering with my phone inputting my destination when some weird creep, who looked like Jimmy Saville's worst nightmare, stared at me on his bycicle, rode past, u-turned and pulled into the side road I was pulled up in. I thought wtf is his problem as he was eyeballing me but I carried on. Only then as he suddenly appeared on my passenger side did I realise he circled my car. I mouthed to him "wtf do you want" at which point he mouthed "6 POINTS" and aggressively rode away like his life depended on it. He had one of those twonky cameras on his helmet and obviously plans to send the footage to the old bill.

    Now bare in mind I actually pulled into a quiet side road to do my sat nav, when I could have drove and did it at the same time. I've heard rumours that there's vigilante bellends on bikes being a scourge to drivers but never thought much of it until now.

    Has anyone had any experience of this?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bunnell View Post
    By the Everyman Cinema in Barnet. My sat nav froze so I pulled up in that little side road that runs parallel to the main road by the BP Garage and Everyman Cinema (the old Odeon). As I was tinkering with my phone inputting my destination when some weird creep, who looked like Jimmy Saville's worst nightmare, stared at me on his bycicle, rode past, u-turned and pulled into the side road I was pulled up in. I thought wtf is his problem as he was eyeballing me but I carried on. Only then as he suddenly appeared on my passenger side did I realise he circled my car. I mouthed to him "wtf do you want" at which point he mouthed "6 POINTS" and aggressively rode away like his life depended on it. He had one of those twonky cameras on his helmet and obviously plans to send the footage to the old bill.

    Now bare in mind I actually pulled into a quiet side road to do my sat nav, when I could have drove and did it at the same time. I've heard rumours that there's vigilante bellends on bikes being a scourge to drivers but never thought much of it until now.

    Has anyone had any experience of this?
    Did you stop whilst fiddling with the sat nav or were you still moving?

    The bloke is a nutter. Almost certainly known to the local police who no doubt consider him an absolute pain in the arse. I wouldn't worry about it

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Did you stop whilst fiddling with the sat nav or were you still moving?

    The bloke is a nutter. Almost certainly known to the local police who no doubt consider him an absolute pain in the arse. I wouldn't worry about it
    You mean Jeremy Vine?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bunnell View Post
    By the Everyman Cinema in Barnet. My sat nav froze so I pulled up in that little side road that runs parallel to the main road by the BP Garage and Everyman Cinema (the old Odeon). As I was tinkering with my phone inputting my destination when some weird creep, who looked like Jimmy Saville's worst nightmare, stared at me on his bycicle, rode past, u-turned and pulled into the side road I was pulled up in. I thought wtf is his problem as he was eyeballing me but I carried on. Only then as he suddenly appeared on my passenger side did I realise he circled my car. I mouthed to him "wtf do you want" at which point he mouthed "6 POINTS" and aggressively rode away like his life depended on it. He had one of those twonky cameras on his helmet and obviously plans to send the footage to the old bill.

    Now bare in mind I actually pulled into a quiet side road to do my sat nav, when I could have drove and did it at the same time. I've heard rumours that there's vigilante bellends on bikes being a scourge to drivers but never thought much of it until now.

    Has anyone had any experience of this?
    Iím fairly sure this type of post is meat and drink to a bloke like Herbs.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Iím fairly sure this type of post is meat and drink to a bloke like Herbs.
    It was probably Herbs on the bike.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Did you stop whilst fiddling with the sat nav or were you still moving?

    The bloke is a nutter. Almost certainly known to the local police who no doubt consider him an absolute pain in the arse. I wouldn't worry about it
    Yeah I was completely stationary and I hope you're right. Can't afford 6 points right now FFS.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bunnell View Post
    Yeah I was completely stationary and I hope you're right. Can't afford 6 points right now FFS.
    Ok, so what did you do wrong? Sounds like nothing.

    The police will almost certainly tell this dickhead to **** off, that is if he even bothers doing anything about it.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Ok, so what did you do wrong? Sounds like nothing.

    The police will almost certainly tell this dickhead to **** off, that is if he even bothers doing anything about it.
    I don't think they can use any of his footage anyway.
    They probably won't have time to do it.

    you can't touch your phone at all now with your engine running. except paying for something like at a drive through.

  9. #9
    That's why I try to avoid driving in London as much as I can. if it's not cyclists it's Uber eats/deliveroo drivers driving in my blind spots.

    speaking of cars I still haven't got my one back

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I don't think they can use any of his footage anyway.
    They probably won't have time to do it.

    you can't touch your phone at all now with your engine running. except paying for something like at a drive through.
    Yeah, but the police don't really give a **** about that. Total waste of their time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •