Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: The officials finally fall for Kai's Trailing Leg trick!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    In Raya's defence, it is a foul. Soft, but when a keeper is about to catch or punch a fairly small shove is enough. He still got something on it.

Very soft penalty but not an obvious error by the ref. In both instances the var did the right thing- it is the ref who did us a favour.
    I’m not massively convinced by Raya. He’s largely shielded by the best back four in the league. He has the same mistakes in him as Ramsdale when put under pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    I’m not massively convinced by Raya. He’s largely shielded by the best back four in the league. He has the same mistakes in him as Ramsdale when put under pressure.
    He is, in large part, the REASON they're the best back four in the league. In possession, out of possession; he's peerless.

As for having mistakes in him, EVERY keeper has 'em. They're all weirdos basically, but he is one of the least weird; at least he can actually PLAY football
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    He is, in large part, the REASON they're the best back four in the league. In possession, out of possession; he's peerless.

As for having mistakes in him, EVERY keeper has 'em. They're all weirdos basically, but he is one of the least weird; at least he can actually PLAY football
    Most of the mistakes were early doors when he was settling in. He hasn't made many since.

He is probably the best in the league on crosses and that is a huge help at set pieces.

I do hope we stick with him next season. We don't want to spend 3 months bedding in a new one

Most of the mistakes were early doors when he was settling in. He hasn't made many since.

He is probably the best in the league on crosses and that is a huge help at set pieces.

I do hope we stick with him next season. We don't want to spend 3 months bedding in a new one
    Agreed. And the only incongruous (though perfectly understandable) constituent part of the whole matter was the nonsense of signing two first-choice goalies within such a short space of time. Otherwise, the boss has got everything spot on.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Agreed. And the only incongruous (though perfectly understandable) constituent part of the whole matter was the nonsense of signing two first-choice goalies within such a short space of time. Otherwise, the boss has got everything spot on.
    If Thomas Partey had been fit earlier in the season would have won the league.

If Thomas Partey had been fit earlier in the season would have won the league.
    You only say these things to hurt me.