Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bryan Munchen appear to be completely outplaying Real Madrid

Bryan Munchen appear to be completely outplaying Real Madrid

who aren’t nearly as competitive as the Arsenal were.

:secondbestteamineuropetrophy:

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    who aren’t nearly as competitive as the Arsenal were.

:secondbestteamineuropetrophy:
    And they still didn't win.

Had half an eye on that game, as I was watching the Coventry v Ipswich match.

Ipswich play some decent football and deserve to go up in consecutive seasons.
    They'll get battered in the PL, mind...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    And they still didn't win.

Had half an eye on that game, as I was watching the Coventry v Ipswich match.

Ipswich play some decent football and deserve to go up in consecutive seasons.
    They'll get battered in the PL, mind...
    I've got a carrot-crunching mate who has a season ticket at Portman Road so I should be pleased for him, but as you say he'll just spend his Saturdasy watching them get beaten like a ginger stepchild

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I've got a carrot-crunching mate who has a season ticket at Portman Road ...
    plenty of Ipswich and Norwich fans in this part of the world, obviously.

to hear them both describe each other as 'inbreds' is rather bizarre to us outsiders...

“Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

plenty of Ipswich and Norwich fans in this part of the world, obviously.

to hear them both describe each other as 'inbreds' is rather bizarre to us outsiders...

I always imagined I'd retire up that way, i. Big skies, you see? Good flying country, not many lumps to bump in to. Nowadays I'm more concerned about whether land is cheap for horses.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I always imagined I'd retire up that way, i. Big skies, you see? Good flying country, not many lumps to bump in to. Nowadays I'm more concerned about whether land is cheap for horses.
    It's a lovely part of the world, no doubt, sc.

Rural locations, 1-hour travel to London, nice coastal villages, etc.

Avoid Ipswich, of course. It's a complete shít-tip.

cheaper in Norfolk than Suffolk, I'd say

I have to go to Kings Lynn fairly regularly for work. Liz Truss is the local MP......

I just came back from my anniversary break in Norfolk, lovely place. Was shocked hoe eclectic and upscale it is. Stayed in a place called the Harper Hotel which was lovely and generally wandered around the place. Holt, Lavenham, Wells next the Sea, all very lovely.

And house prices compared to Surrey

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I just came back from my anniversary break in Norfolk, lovely place. Was shocked hoe eclectic and upscale it is. Stayed in a place called the Harper Hotel which was lovely and generally wandered around the place. Holt, Lavenham, Wells next the Sea, all very lovely.

And house prices compared to Surrey
    ah, that place is near Blakeney.

Did you go out in a boat at the point and get bothered by seals?

Wells-next-the-Sea - another great little place. French's fish and chips

Full of bleeding tourists these days...

ah, that place is near Blakeney.

Did you go out in a boat at the point and get bothered by seals?

Wells-next-the-Sea - another great little place. French's fish and chips

Full of bleeding tourists these days...
    The Harper is in a village called Langham which appeared to have the hotel, a sister pub and houses and nothing else. Very attractive houses, mind.

Wells next the Sea, as Mrs WES and I were enjoying the sun and the sea air there was one large family of Indians and one large Chinese family neither of whom seemed to have ever actually been on an English beach before based on how they were dressed and what they were doing

Lavenham is actually in Suffolk but well worth a visit. Feels like England in Shakespearean times. And the Swan has an Airmen's Bar in it with all things USAF related for WW2 for those interested in such things. Lovely spot.