Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I now realise how foolish it was to want Real Madrid to beat City in the CL

I now realise how foolish it was to want Real Madrid to beat City in the CL

I'd struggle to see them winning their last 4 games with Barca home and away in the middle of that.

Bugger.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I'd struggle to see them winning their last 4 games with Barca home and away in the middle of that.

Bugger.
    Yes, it was silly beyond belief WES. I have messaged Peter to suggest that, at your next winky stroking session, he speaks very harshly to you.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

Bugger.
    Same here, particularly as they would be playing Bayern

Honestly, I don't think it makes much difference. City are so used to coping with this situation. I don't think there is any real chance of them dropping points apart from at Spurs. When you look at the games that Spurs have coming up there is a very good chance their top 4 hopes will be over by the time they play City.

But footy is strange. Teams whose season is over play with great confidence. And the players themselves aren't actually as sold on the NLD tosh as they make out. They're all mates ... use the same illegal gambling clubs and rape the witless chav tarts

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Same here, particularly as they would be playing Bayern

Honestly, I don't think it makes much difference. City are so used to coping with this situation. I don't think there is any real chance of them dropping points apart from at Spurs. When you look at the games that Spurs have coming up there is a very good chance their top 4 hopes will be over by the time they play City.
    Well, quite but if they were to somehow draw, paving the way for us to win on goal difference, our fans could then crow about winning the league at White Hart Lane, without actually playing there.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    But footy is strange. Teams whose season is over play with great confidence. And the players themselves aren't actually as sold on the NLD tosh as they make out. They're all mates ... use the same illegal gambling clubs and rape the witless chav tarts
    Yeah, of course. And anything can happen. City could drop points at Fulham, it is possible. It just isn't very likely.

The players don't give a **** about derbies but they know that we do. Yesterday I doubt it made much difference. Both sides needed a win for something that is clearly more important than a derby.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Yeah, of course. And anything can happen. City could drop points at Fulham, it is possible. It just isn't very likely.
    As we could against Bournemouth on Saturday.
    I seem to remember they were stubborn ****ers last season...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    As we could against Bournemouth on Saturday.
    I seem to remember they were stubborn ****ers last season...
    Certainly. And they are a decent side. But we should be able to deal with them.

Then it is on to United

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Yes, it was silly beyond belief WES. I have messaged Peter to suggest that, at your next winky stroking session, he speaks very harshly to you.
    He’s going to love it h. Just picture Wes in a gimp mask with Peter nailing his scrotum to a plank whilst calling him a ****.

Back in 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He’s going to love it h. Just picture Wes in a gimp mask with Peter nailing his scrotum to a plank whilst calling him a ****.

Back in 5.
    Steady on, Charles! A man of your age will take a lot longer than 5 and probably shouldn't be involved in all that malarkey anymore at all!

On the upside, I can watch a Cl semi-final tonight with a relative air of indifference and enjoy the football. I might even have a beer.