Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Well that was stressful.

Romero was, by a distance, their best player.

Richarlison is a massive prick. At least Ben White's ****housery has a comedy value.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    He is quick but on the last one, it was Ben Davies as last man. Martinelli would have roasted him.

Maddison and Son were anonymous.
    I thought Havertz was brilliant. He took so long to play that pass to Saka that it turned out perfect

Romero was, by a distance, their best player.

Richarlison is a massive prick. At least Ben White's ****housery has a comedy value.
    He really, really is. Nothing wrong with that, of course. Every squad needs an arsehole. Spurs never seem to be short of them.

We have Gabriel. He is becoming a world class irritant- winding up opponents but staying calm himself. While Saliba just quietly gets on with business alongside him

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    He really, really is. Nothing wrong with that, of course. Every squad needs an arsehole. Spurs never seem to be short of them.

We have Gabriel. He is becoming a world class irritant- winding up opponents but staying calm himself. While Saliba just quietly gets on with business alongside him
    Point is, it makes him a worse player. Whereas White and Gabriel play superbly, whilst doing it. He just runs around like a headless chicken barging into people, sly elbows, etc and not using any of his actual talent. Watching him play for Brazil in the last WC and there's a very good player there as he just plays football.

Main points to note:
    1. Top ****housery from Benny White
    2. scum going mad about the 'foul' by Trossard. Yes he clipped his heel but he wasn't even looking at him. Never a foul
    3. Raya - superb, apart from that moment of madness
    4. Vicario is shockingly weak at set pieces
    5. Odegaard was poor
    6. I do wish we'd try Martinelli through the middle. Twice Havertz was through but not quick enough
    Not enough said about Saka's first touch for his goal - a thing of absolute beauty

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Not enough said about Saka's first touch for his goal - a thing of absolute beauty
    It was indeed, Davies was in real trouble from that moment onwards.

On another occasion he took down a long clearance with Davies right up his back. He had absolutely no 'give' in the foot to cushion the ball. I watched it a few times and I cannot work out how he manages to control the ball perfectly. It just doesn't make any sense.

Wonderful ball from Havertz.

Point is, it makes him a worse player. Whereas White and Gabriel play superbly, whilst doing it. He just runs around like a headless chicken barging into people, sly elbows, etc and not using any of his actual talent. Watching him play for Brazil in the last WC and there's a very good player there as he just plays football.
    I think the difference is that Gabriel and White are doing it deliberately as a bit of a wind up. Richarlison is actually just an angry prick who winds himself up. He can't help it.

It was so divine, that nothing can be said about it, la
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I watched it a few times and I cannot work out how he manages to control the ball perfectly. It just doesn't make any sense.
    Whilst all pros have a got a great first touch. Few have exquisite ones.

Bergkamp and Berbatov immediately spring to mind.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”