Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ødegaard will not be with us for much longer. They will steal him from

Ødegaard will not be with us for much longer. They will steal him from

us just like they stole Cesc

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Unless we're cashing in, he's going nowhere, h.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

He'll stay. He wants a statue.

Go ahead and reopen that wound, why don't you

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Go ahead and reopen that wound, why don't you
    I would have thought the fact that he turned out not to be as good as Barca (and Arsenal) actually thought and ended up at Chelsea would have healed that wound for you, Charles.

Or maybe not

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I would have thought the fact that he turned out not to be as good as Barca (and Arsenal) actually thought and ended up at Chelsea would have healed that wound for you, Charles.

Or maybe not
    It makes it worse. He was that good, it is just that he went to the only team in the world that didn't need him.

He should have stayed with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    It makes it worse. He was that good, it is just that he went to the only team in the world that didn't need him.

He's admitted that recently

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

There was one season where for the first half of the season he scored more goals and I thought there was a legitimate argument that he was the best player in the league, better than Ronaldo. But he seemed to tail off after that and never quite reached those heights again. Wenger moved him forward but I thought he was a lot better for us when he played as one of the two in 4231 not as the middle of the three.

See also Santi Cazorla.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    There was one season where for the first half of the season he scored more goals and I thought there was a legitimate argument that he was the best player in the league, better than Ronaldo. But he seemed to tail off after that and never quite reached those heights again. Wenger moved him forward but I thought he was a lot better for us when he played as one of the two in 4231 not as the middle of the three.

See also Santi Cazorla.
    It's a fair point, and I probably agree. Definitely agree re Cazorla who was an absolute wizard.

Odegaard is developing his game in deeper areas and becoming increasingly important there. He is fast becoming the heir to De Bruyne. As someone said yesterday, 30 million for him was tantamount to theft.

Was just reminded that certain elements of the fanbase lost their **** because we signed him and not Buendia