Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone actually know what's going on with Benjamin

Does anyone actually know what's going on with Benjamin

White and England?

Seems odd.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    White and England?

Seems odd.
    Well what we've heard is, he fell out with Southgate's no. 2. The bloke took the piss out of White because he said he doesn't watch football matches and White didn't want to watch videos of Kyle Walker defending because he's a completely different player.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Well what we've heard is, he fell out with Southgate's no. 2. The bloke took the piss out of White because he said he doesn't watch football matches and White didn't want to watch videos of Kyle Walker defending because he's a completely different player.

The Mail quoting the Telegraph...
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...Ben-White.html
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I like to believe he doesn't want to be number 2 or 3 and work under a clueless cretin such as Southgate. He knows his worth. Fair play to him.

Did you believe that?

The "falling out" bit sounds plausible. Almost as plausible as the other story; that BW is booked for surgery in the Summer (on that injury he's been playing through) and so preferred to concentrate on the Arsenal, remove himself from contention for the Euros.

I don't believe that one either
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by John Bunnell View Post
    I like to believe he doesn't want to be number 2 or 3 and work under a clueless cretin such as Southgate. He knows his worth. Fair play to him.
    That's a fair point. His partnership with Saka (which has developed alot in the last couple of years, since the "falling out") could've been priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Did you believe that?

The "falling out" bit sounds plausible. Almost as plausible as the other story; that BW is booked for surgery in the Summer (on that injury he's been playing through) and so preferred to concentrate on the Arsenal, remove himself from contention for the Euros.

I don't believe that one either
    I reckon there's a fair bit of truth behind it. You don't just walk out of a World Cup and then refuse to play for your country without a pretty good reason.

I reckon there's a fair bit of truth behind it. You don't just walk out of a World Cup and then refuse to play for your country without a pretty good reason.
    This message would get a like from Roy Keane

Refusing to watch DVD's in prep though? Isn't that his job, what they do every day?

I'm not sure he refused, I think he just felt that they were asking to try and play in a way that he didn't feel comfortable with. I'm guessing but he probably felt that a) he wasn't going to play and b) if he did, why should he do something different to what he does with Saka with us.