Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We could quite conceivably lose our next 4 matches on the spin

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    It would take something special to **** that up. Beyond the **** ups of the last two seasons.

If, as we suspect, we go out to Bayern tomorrow we can at least focus on trying to hang on to City for as long as possible. The home games are very winnable, the away games ranging from tricky (Wolves) to 'almost certainly won't win' (Spurs and specifically Old Trafford where we absolutely, positively will not win).

We should not give ourselves a problem with top 4. That would be ridiculous, particularly as Spurs have to play all of the top 3 and Villa have to go to Anfield.
    You lot really are unbelievable, must be the English in you.

We win 10 of 11 with the 11th being a draw at City and are top of the league and all it takes is one bad half against Villa and we’re going to drop out of the top four?

Have a word with yourselves chaps

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    You lot really are unbelievable, must be the English in you.

We win 10 of 11 with the 11th being a draw at City and are top of the league and all it takes is one bad half against Villa and we’re going to drop out of the top four?

Have a word with yourselves chaps
    Not strictly true. Firstly, the Villa game on top of a bad 30 or 40 minutes against Bayern. It isn't just one game.

Second, I am sure PSRB would agree that, as I, he was already worried about this before the Villa game

The mistake you have made is in assuming we are thinking the worst after a bad game. Trust me, we were thinking it already.

Oh, and thank you, by the way. I have been enjoying Zeppelin ever since you dismissed them. Wonderful, wonderful band. I had forgotten so many of the reasons why I love them so much

Not strictly true. Firstly, the Villa game on top of a bad 30 or 40 minutes against Bayern. It isn't just one game.

Second, I am sure PSRB would agree that, as I, he was already worried about this before the Villa game

The mistake you have made is in assuming we are thinking the worst after a bad game. Trust me, we were thinking it already.

Oh, and thank you, by the way. I have been enjoying Zeppelin ever since you dismissed them. Wonderful, wonderful band. I had forgotten so many of the reasons why I love them so much
    I've given the reasons for my concern and think they're valid worries. I hope I'm wrong on all counts.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I've given the reasons for my concern and think they're valid worries. I hope I'm wrong on all counts.
    I remember Pep saying it last season. At a crucial point in the title race, where they were stretching their lead over us, he celebrated at a press conference that today meant they were guaranteed top 4.

Always look after your bottom line, and elevate your worst case scenario

I remember Pep saying it last season. At a crucial point in the title race, where they were stretching their lead over us, he celebrated at a press conference that today meant they were guaranteed top 4.

Always look after your bottom line, and elevate your worst case scenario
    Exactly, top 4 first, then think about the title. We should have been 14 points clear of 5th. Now it's 11. 7 more points required from 6 games.

Pessimism is in our dna. We’ve been here quite often. The only other *big club facing similar media derision being Spurs; although, in our favour, at least we’ve an enviable trophy cabinet and always regarded as credible contenders.