Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Other random observations from yesterday.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I was worried when I saw the team. Not really sure why Zinchenko has come back in fashion. We were fine with Kiwior there.

I understood playing Havertz deeper but by early in the second half it was obvious it was no longer working and Villa had sussed out to cover the run and utliise the extra man in midfield. I still cannot believe Arteta didnt change it until the 83rd minute, by which time it was far too late to change the game.
    Everyone with any sort of vision could see that Villa were squeezing us to be narrow and our midfield couldn't cope.

Arteta not changing things as soon as he realised that Villa had upped the press and the tempo after half-time was the start of the decline.

We made Tielemans and McGinn look like Petit and Vieira.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Everyone with any sort of vision could see that Villa were squeezing us to be narrow and our midfield couldn't cope.

Arteta not changing things as soon as he realised that Villa had upped the press and the tempo after half-time was the start of the decline.

We made Tielemans and McGinn look like Petit and Vieira.
    And they played through our press with ease. We were constantly leaving the guy in the left back position free on the ball. I assumed we were forcing them to play out through that flank but I couldn't really see why. Can't remember us winning the ball once in their third.