Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The person we should be moaning about isn’t the ref

The person we should be moaning about isn’t the ref

it’s Saka.

How do you not try to stay on your feet and finish that, in that position???

Fewmin 🤬

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    it’s Saka.

Fewmin 🤬
    I feel we’ve blown it anyway. You really have to win your home legs at this stage of the competition.
    It’s a cliche perhaps but we’re still a bit short of quality at the very top level.

it’s Saka.

Fewmin 🤬
    You've certainly seen them given. But Manuel Neuer is the best 'keeper of his generation for good reason; he has that aura even now.

Bukayo had beaten him earlier but face-to-face like that is a different matter entirely. Add in all the defenders there mopping up; he, I think, felt, in that moment, that he had a better chance from the spot.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    I feel we’ve blown it anyway. You really have to win your home legs at this stage of the competition.
    It’s a cliche perhaps but we’re still a bit short of quality at the very top level.
    On the other hand, BM will be very disappointed and WORRIED that they couldn't even beat the Arsenal even after we gifted them two goals.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

it’s Saka.

Fewmin ��
    Harsh imo.

Under performers, last night...

Raya
    Kiwior
    Jorginho
    Martinelli

“Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

it’s Saka.

Fewmin 🤬
    Kane shouldn't have been on the pitch and I'm sorry, that's a penalty

it’s Saka.

Fewmin ��
    The pace and touch inside takes him right into the defender who is blocking his path. He could have carried on but he had a lot to do.

He saw the leg and went over it. 90% of the time the ref gives that. And as I have said elsewhere, next week this will get given at the other end.

If you are looking for blame over the result I would suggest looking at the previous 70 minutes. We were largely second best from the minute we gave away that stupid equaliser.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Kane shouldn't have been on the pitch and I'm sorry, that's a penalty
    The elbow was 100% deliberate but not convinced it was a red card. There isn't a big swing of the elbow.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    The elbow was 100% deliberate but not convinced it was a red card. There isn't a big swing of the elbow.
    A deliberate elbow to the face is a red card p, irrespective of the length of the swing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    A deliberate elbow to the face is a red card p, irrespective of the length of the swing.
    Not if you just 'leave it there'. Similarly, you can deliberately smack someone in the back of the head, off the ball, as long as the main contact is with the arm rather than the fist.

Violent conduct is a red card but 'he knew what he was doing there' can fall short.

In other words, refs can do whatever the hell they want. Or, more accurately, I understand that refs are encouraged to consider the degree of force in assessing violent conduct and/ or endangering an opponent and to prioritise this over intent. Therefore an unintentionally reckless challenge of excessive force is considered worse than an intentional 'challenge' of lesser force.
    Last edited by Peter; 04-10-2024 at 12:14 PM.