Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Under the circumstances

Under the circumstances

That is a decent result.

Penalty is a big call.

I don’t think it was a pen. I think Saka dangled his leg out.

I think I agree. But the keeper has seriously dodged a bullet there.

Are you saying our players are diving cheats?

Kai does that too. And Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I don’t think it was a pen. I think Saka dangled his leg out.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post

I think I'm saying if Kane does it, it's a penalty. And will be next week 😒

I have turned the telly off and haven’t looked at the play further. But Saka should be going for the goal if he can there.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I think I agree. But the keeper has seriously dodged a bullet there.
    It's like that scene in Godfather 2, when Apollonia takes a "dive" hoping that Michael will do the gentlemanly thing and catch her. The old folks watching laugh knowing exactly what's going on.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I think I'm saying if Kane does it, it's a penalty. And will be next week 😒
    I've said before, I think the issue is officials have decided our players often go down a bit too easily. We do get plenty of penalties and free-kicks though so it's hardly worth complaining about. Until it happens at a moment when you'd really rather it didn't

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I have turned the telly off and haven’t looked at the play further. But Saka should be going for the goal if he can there.
    It's almost like he'd made his mind up, poor bloke.

I've said before, I think the issue is officials have decided our players often go down a bit too easily. We do get plenty of penalties and free-kicks though so it's hardly worth complaining about. Until it happens at a moment when you'd really rather it didn't
    Sometimes they do (go down a bit too easily).

A draw was a fair result there. No complaints from me. As Hyman Roth says, this is the business we chose.