Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It was 20 years ago today

Is that the one where Tel dribbled past about three defenders to slot home? ( Peanut

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    We beat Liverpool 4-2 at Highbury on Good Friday. You know, the Henry hat-trick game.

I remember feeling then that it was done :champions:
    headed, flat-track bully choker he was )

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    headed, flat-track bully choker he was )
    That's the one. Two great through balls in the game as well; one from Gerrard to Michael Owen and the other from Dennis to TH for his third.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I was in the North Bank about 5 rows back so excellently place to see both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    That's the one. Two great through balls in the game as well; one from Gerrard to Michael Owen and the other from Dennis to TH for his third.
    It was that great 'through the net' view which also has that awful phenomenon of hearing the sound the net makes when the ball rolls down it but only when when your opponent scores. When your own team score the roar has already begun of course by the time the sound begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    It was that great 'through the net' view which also has that awful phenomenon of hearing the sound the net makes when the ball rolls down it but only when when your opponent scores. When your own team score the roar has already begun of course by the time the sound begins.
    Oh, I SO agree
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."