Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is some impressive ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    I'm starting to think that, as a job lot, our two Chelski rejects are better than our two City rejects. Though it's great competing with one and beating the other with their castoffs.
    Our two Brighton 'rejects' are the best 😍

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Zigackly. Well coached, drilled and disciplined Everything I hate about what you call ‘football’.

I’ll allow it.
    You'd have enjoyed the Manchester United v Liverpool Match today then. Sketchy, insufficient coaching, two poorly drilled teams and no semblance of any kind of discipline. It was terrific
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Our two Brighton 'rejects' are the best ��
    Oh, I'm with you on them being the best additions. But I honestly believe both City and Chelsea saw their sales as cast-offs/rejects while BHA were flogging players who felt they were taking a step up.

When we got Leo none of us thought "touch, thank God we got him and not the Ukrainian." Likewise, after we lost BW's first game vs a promoted club, none of us thought "He's only 23 and in two years he'll be looking like a cross between peak years Dixon and Cashley."

Ironically, while Jorgy was just a stop gap so we didn't have to rely on Mo in TP5 was injured last year, he's gonna be the hardest one to replace. We need to keep him for next year - give him 2 years imo. Then we have longer to find a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Oh, I'm with you on them being the best additions. But I honestly believe both City and Chelsea saw their sales as cast-offs/rejects while BHA were flogging players who felt they were taking a step up.

When we got Leo none of us thought "touch, thank God we got him and not the Ukrainian." Likewise, after we lost BW's first game vs a promoted club, none of us thought "He's only 23 and in two years he'll be looking like a cross between peak years Dixon and Cashley."

Ironically, while Jorgy was just a stop gap so we didn't have to rely on Mo in TP5 was injured last year, he's gonna be the hardest one to replace. We need to keep him for next year - give him 2 years imo. Then we have longer to find a replacement.
    Part of me was quite relieved we got Trossard instead of Mudryk. I thought he would settle in straight away (which is what we needed) and would be a virtually risk free signing. The money for Mudryk was utterly ridiculous.

Ben White was a bit of a gamble which has really, really paid off.

Part of me was quite relieved we got Trossard instead of Mudryk. I thought he would settle in straight away (which is what we needed) and would be a virtually risk free signing. The money for Mudryk was utterly ridiculous.

Leo for that price was a bargain. At his peak, PL ready, still has 4-5 years left, and we're happy to see him in the starting XI or coming off the bench in multiple positions in a title-chasing team.

Utter bargain.

Those Ben White meme's, as if he was some sort of clown defender, so glad he's shoved that down everyone's throats
    Plus he seems to annoy opposition fans, which is always a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Those Ben White meme's, as if he was some sort of clown defender, so glad he's shoved that down everyone's throats
    I think he is embracing his villain role.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    He just seems to get better and better. He seemed to head away pretty much every corner on Saturday.